The Bleeding Edge: Your Thoughts?
Posted: 10 March 2006 12:42 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

its pretty gangster.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 10 March 2006 06:08 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2005-09-11

Another great episode Andru! That toothbrush looks wicked. How are you giving them away? Just post in this thread? I really would like one, I don’t have ANY travel toothbrush and I’m driving down to Florida for Spring Break. Hopefully I’ll be able to get one to show off to some of my friends. Great episode, can’t wait until episode #6! These episodes has gotten me back into Gear Live. 😊

Posted: 11 March 2006 12:27 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2005-10-13

I’ve seen every show and each episode is better than the previous one. I’ve taken the survey thats under your bleeding edge just to let you know what I think. You guys should do an episode at an outdoor location or something of that sort. That would be awesome, but this show is great regardless of location.

And I think that toothbrush is really great and it looks like would work flawlessly. Also it has a really modern design which a definite plus in my book.

Posted: 11 March 2006 05:21 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-12-10

I’ve never seen The Bleeding Edge before, but as an avid watcher of the more popular tech vidcasts such as TWiT, Diggnation, Hak.5, etc., The Bleeding Edge is quite good.

Yeah, the news gets a little outdated by the time the video hits the air, but that’s how mostly all of them are, at least until we invent some new broadcast technology that doesn’t cost a fortune.

I especially liked the Off The Dome XBOX 360 segment. I don’t own an XBOX 360, but I’ve been hearing a lot about the various problems and how Microsoft has reacted to it, but this is only story I’ve heard with lots of good concrete detail. It makes Microsoft look bad for implementing a crappy security system, but then again, they seemed to at least get the correct answer each time, despite the fact they almost jacked you of hundreds of dollars of arcade games.

Finally, I’m so into the reviews on “alternative” tech gear. I’m sick of hearing reviews on dual-core notebooks, UMPC’s, Apple this-and-that. A toothbrush. Something we all can afford (and afford to use often), and it’s cool enough to have that geek factor.

The giveaways detailed in the video alone is enough to get people to watch. It got me to watch. I hope I win.

Posted: 13 March 2006 02:56 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

Awesome - great responses. Keep them coming. We will announce the winners of the 3 toothbrushes in the next episode (actually, Episode 7, not 6).

By the way, don’t forget to join TextPayMe as well. We have 16 signed up so far, so we need 20 more people by 3/18 - then we will be able to give away an Xbox 360 on the show. We plan on calling the winner while we are filming.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 13 March 2006 02:58 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

One more thing - please do:

1) Take the survey. There is actually a Bleeding Edge survey AND a Gear Live Podcast survey. PLEASE take both. They are quick, and it will help us get advertisers. We did have Nikon, but that was just for a month - at this point, we have no way of paying for the bandwidth other than it coming out of our pockets. The survey can change that.

2) Recommend the show to others. If you are on other forums, or a member of other internet communities, give people the download and/or subscription linik. The more downloads we have, the more attractive we are to advertisers! 😊

3) Vote for us on Podcast Alley - that will get us more viewers. You can vote for The Bleeding Edge here and for Gear Live Podcast here. Podcast Alley votes are counted on a monthly basis - so vote for us each month 😊

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 13 March 2006 04:24 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2005-10-13

you can put it on youtube also

Posted: 13 March 2006 04:26 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

YouTube doesn’t actually help if we put each episode there. Maybe we can put up the first episode to get people to subscribe, but we can’t monitor the TouTube downloads in our server logs.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 13 March 2006 05:53 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1692
Joined  2005-09-02

Great job Andru,
I’ve been watching since the first episode and it has clearly changed in the level of professionalism.  In Episode 5, that whole dark onset is PERFECT.  I’ll be honest, before, I really didn’t look forward to the Bleeding Edge.  Now, with all the proffessionalism visible, its clearly competitive to other videopodcasts and I really think that with the continued work in producing these excellent videocasts, that soon it could even rival digg’s.  Rock on Andru, you’ve got a fan here.

Posted: 13 March 2006 10:37 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22

Thanks man - I appreciate the kind words. Again, remember to help get the word out. The only thing stopping us from rivaling Diggnation is the number of people that view our show. Once we get that number up, we can afford better equipment for getting the show out there (and the bandwidth costs.)

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 13 March 2006 11:15 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1711
Joined  2005-02-03

who the hell is sparky?

Posted: 14 March 2006 12:11 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2005-09-11
Andru Edwards - 13 March 2006 06:58 AM

One more thing - please do:

1) Take the survey. There is actually a Bleeding Edge survey AND a Gear Live Podcast survey. PLEASE take both. They are quick, and it will help us get advertisers. We did have Nikon, but that was just for a month - at this point, we have no way of paying for the bandwidth other than it coming out of our pockets. The survey can change that.

2) Recommend the show to others. If you are on other forums, or a member of other internet communities, give people the download and/or subscription linik. The more downloads we have, the more attractive we are to advertisers! 😊

3) Vote for us on Podcast Alley - that will get us more viewers. You can vote for The Bleeding Edge here and for Gear Live Podcast here. Podcast Alley votes are counted on a monthly basis - so vote for us each month 😊

1) Done. 😊

Thank You!

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Podcast Audience Survey from Podtrac. Your opinions are important and will be used anonymously to help create even better podcasts.

2) I’ve been telling a few of my friends and posted some videos on my forum. 😊

3) Voted for both. 😊

THESE ARE VERY SIMPLE THINGS TO DO. EVERYONE SHOULD DO THEM!

Support GL!

Posted: 14 March 2006 03:48 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
Joined  2004-12-22
benplaut - 14 March 2006 03:15 AM

who the hell is sparky?

My co-host. He has also written a ton of articles on Gear Live.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:

Posted: 18 March 2006 09:20 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1711
Joined  2005-02-03

ahhh 😛

Posted: 19 March 2006 03:36 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1441
Joined  2005-06-22

The shows are cool, I just started watching them and they are very informative.  I would like to win a travel toothbrush because it looks like a cool thing to have in the office.  It’s very unique and I havn’t seen anything like it before.

Keep up the good work.