Total Posts:  268
Joined  2004-12-15

face it.. patriots will win it all..  new england is unstoppable

...this year 😉

Posted: 13 January 2005 10:50 AM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2060
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“illwon”]Eric… you remember Dan Marino right? I don’t think Peyton needs to win the SuperBowl this year for his record to mean something. If the Colts end up winning it all, it’ll be just icing to the cake… But I doubt he’ll be forgotten…

Dan Marino is remembered more for his Super Bowl and undefeated season than he is for the passing record. He in fact got the record the year he took the Dolphins to the Super Bowl.

When I say Peyton needs to win the Super Bowl, I say it because the record doesn’t mean as much as the win. Peyton believes it, or else he would have been more selfish this year.

For example: In the Ravens game, they are in the red zone. He is 1 touchdown pass away from tying the record. The Ravens know this; they back up, get in good pass coverage. Peyton hands off to Edgerin James for the rushing touchdown. He cares more for the win than he does for himself, and that is why he is a stand-up up guy.

Posted: 13 January 2005 11:28 AM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2401
Joined  2004-12-30

Although Marino’s been to 3 Super Bowl’s he’s never won one. He also wasn’t a part of the undefeated team. That was the ‘72 Dolphins, Marino wasn’t drafted till 1983 I think.

And I agree that the record doesn’t mean as much as a Super Bowl win, but if he doesn’t win a ring it won’t mean that he’d be forgotten. That’s what I meant when I brought up Marino. I think that he’s more well known for all the passing records and how much he destroyed them.

Posted: 13 January 2005 11:58 AM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-12-22

Wow that was a total brain fart. Yeah, ok, so anyhoo, Marino didn’t do those things.

But yeah, Marino is remembered for getting his team to the super bowl, even if they didn’t win that year.

Posted: 13 January 2005 12:16 PM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1428
Joined  2005-09-14

[quote author=“EricGearLive”]Wow that was a total brain fart. Yeah, ok, so anyhoo, Marino didn’t do those things.

But yeah, Marino is remembered for getting his team to the super bowl, even if they didn’t win that year.

He was remembered because he held most of the NFL’s passing records and was great in his rookie year as well as the rest of his career. If I recall he had the best passer rating for any passer through an entire career. He was undoubtebly the best quarterback in the history of the game minus a Super Bowl. Although Manning may get better then he was.  8)

Posted: 13 January 2005 12:34 PM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15

[quote author=“CougarKid”][quote author=“EricGearLive”]Wow that was a total brain fart. Yeah, ok, so anyhoo, Marino didn’t do those things.

He was remembered because he held most of the NFL’s passing records and was great in his rookie year as well as the rest of his career. If I recall he had the best passer rating for any passer through an entire career. He was undoubtebly the best quarterback in the history of the game minus a Super Bowl. Although Manning may get better then he was.  8)

I think either Joe Montana or Steve Young has the highest passer rating.  And Peyton Manning, does everyone realize that he and all the other QBs are only doing this good because of the new rule?  Guys like Billy Volek and Drew Bennet can look like Montana-Rice on any given sunday.  This might turn into a pre-steroids/steroids thing.  Plus Peyton Mannings gonna choke on Sunday.

Posted: 17 January 2005 03:36 AM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“EricGearLive”]Its a toss-up for the Colts, Pats, and Steelers, I agree. Steelers may be in first place, but record means nothing if you lose in the playoffs.

It looks like 2 of the 3 teams I talked about are left, with one of them guaranteed to advance to the Super Bowl.

[quote author=“EricGearLive”][quote author=“gobulls404”]The Colts will not make the Super Bowl!

They probably wont, but if there is going to be any legitimacy to Peyton’s record, he has to win a super bowl or people will forget him!

Not that I care, I hate the colts.

Damn it feels good to hate the Colts. I laugh in the face of all my friends from Indiana. Although, not as loudly as I did two years ago (41-0… haha, what a joke)

Posted: 21 January 2005 10:27 AM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2005-01-21

manning is the next marino.  i dont think he’ll ever win it especially with the way their team is being built.  high powered offense is good and all, but you need defense incase your offense has a bad day.  i cant really remember the last time someone won the superbowl with a bad defense.

Posted: 21 January 2005 12:12 PM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2005-01-09

Eagles and Steelers and Eagles win it

Posted: 21 January 2005 01:15 PM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2401
Joined  2004-12-30

I say Niners/Dolphins…. Ricky Williams is gonna run all over the Niners D.
:mischeif:

Posted: 01 February 2005 06:44 AM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

So many people got owned on this thread it’s not even funny.  I guess now we’re talking score predictions.

Patriots win.  21 to 7.

Posted: 01 February 2005 09:46 AM   [ # 37 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-12-22

If the NE Patriots win the Super Bowl, I quit. No one wants to see them win. No one even wants to see them in the Super Bowl.

Posted: 04 February 2005 11:11 AM   [ # 38 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2005-01-24

everyone

the New England Patriots are gonna win on sunday and destroy the eagles.

EAGLES NEED TO FLY HOME CRYING! CUZ THE PATRIOTS ARE UNSTOPABLE!

Posted: 04 February 2005 02:53 PM   [ # 39 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

[quote author=“illwon”]which they wont because mcnabb no longer has a deep target…
pinkston’s been a bitch the past couple weeks about taking a big hit
even if they do somehow make it to the superbowl, TO’s gonna be ineffective and will probably only play as a decoy

yet another year the iggles will choke…

HAHA, the eagles made it to the bowl!!!

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

< 1 2
2 of 2