The King is in
Posted: 16 December 2005 01:18 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2005-12-16

havent seen/played it yet but ive heard only good things.

Posted: 17 December 2005 05:07 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2005-12-12

I saw the film on Wednesday and was floored by it. You should definitely go and see this movie if you haven’t already. The movie was a little bit on the longer side (3 hours!) but surprisingly, it didn’t drag on. The action was intense - maybe too intense for some in fact - and the film was just done really well. The special effects were top notch and the acting was great. In fact, I’d say King Kong is my favorite action film of the year. (But then again, did it really have any competition?)

As for the videogame, I haven’t played it yet but heard it’s exceptional - although a little short. Furthermore, the game doesn’t follow the movie exactly but does a good job supplementing it from what I’ve heard. Maybe not the best purchase but certainly a great rental.

Posted: 17 December 2005 10:52 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  511
Joined  2005-03-17

All I know is I’m gettin me a friggen KONG BURGER.. thing is huge, most people can’t even finish one, but I will CONQUER THE KONG!!!

Posted: 18 December 2005 08:56 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-12-18

I saw the film on friday night. I must agree that i was floored. It is probably the best movie of all the time that i lived (15 yrs.). I cant see a movie to compare it with in the last 15 years, except for Pulp Fiction, later. Wow. Wow wow wow. It was awesome. I think whats great about it is that little immature kids can like it because of all the action. I must say that the action alone beats out all of Jackson’s Lord Of the Rings movies(Although they are GREAT movies). Then the story part was even better. The filming was great, and had some awesome shots in the movie. It really pulls the viewer in and you feel the pain of Kong and Anne. Also, in many parts it is comical when Kong and Anne are first aquainting them selves. So on the other hand ditzey girls could liket it too. Go see this movie, right now. In my theater, in the middle of the movie (in one special part 😊 ) everyone just got up and started clapping…. Also when we left everyone was crying or just dead silent.

Posted: 18 December 2005 10:14 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2005-12-18

I dont know bout floored but it was good. I thought it drug on at parts and was too long. and the best part was when he fought tha t-rex’s.

Posted: 19 December 2005 03:04 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
N00b
Joined  2005-02-04

I went and saw it on opening day and was amazed. The animation was second- to-none looking very seem less and real. And once the action started on skull island it never really let up. Kong battled like six T-Rex at the same time which was by far the best part of the movie. It was also surpirsingly funny through out the film. Overall great movie, possibly movie of the year (kinda torn between that and batman begins).

Posted: 27 December 2005 04:40 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2005-12-26

I’ve heard so much good stuff about it and I want to see it so bad! I’ll let everyone know what I think after I see it.

Posted: 27 December 2005 06:14 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2004-12-29

I saw it yesteryday. I didn’t think it was as good as everyone says it is. The movie simply bored the crap out of me at times. The CGI was crazy though.

Posted: 27 December 2005 06:18 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-18

Wow, just wondering, how old are you?

Posted: 27 December 2005 08:20 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-29

15, but why would age matter? It just didn’t particularly strike me as brilliant. It had its moments though, but at points it got very boring.

Posted: 27 December 2005 08:24 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-18

Im 15 too, im just really suprised that someone could walk out of that movie with out gaining anything. Either intense action, or powerful messages and emotion through the plot. I feel sorry for you 😊

Posted: 27 December 2005 08:48 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-29

Maybe it was the fact that there were too many plot holes. Or maybe it was the fact that there were too many parts that turned the main characters in it into super humans. I agree there was some action, and like I said the CGI made everything awesome.  What powerful messages can I get out of this one that I haven’t gotten out of just about every other movie out there?

Posted: 27 December 2005 08:49 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-18

Im not going to argue to the one person ive talked to who has disliked this movie.

Posted: 27 December 2005 09:27 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-29

Even if that made sense I would still not like this movie as much as others.
Edit-

thethiefyouhail - 28 December 2005 12:49 AM

Im not going to argue to the one person ive talked to who has disliked this movie.

*with

I’m sure there are many other who didn’t like it.

The matrix still remains the best movie I have seen.

Posted: 30 December 2005 08:23 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  466
Joined  2005-09-14

while on vacation, i went to see the chronicles of narnia with my cousins, and nextdoor king kong was playing, and throughout our movie we could hear the bass from the theatre next to us booming. it was DANK!!!

Posted: 30 December 2005 08:26 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-18

Lol, now i know why you dont like kong. There arent people in sunglasses shooting the #### out of people and dodging bullets.

Posted: 30 December 2005 09:24 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-29
thethiefyouhail - 31 December 2005 12:26 AM

Lol, now i know why you dont like kong. There arent people in sunglasses shooting the #### out of people and dodging bullets.

While there is no doublt that it was a kickass action film, you are just scraping the surface with that comment. The reason why I like the Matrix so much is because of th deep philosophical ideas embedded within the movie. And yeah I know that sounded a little complicated but basically there is more to it than an awesome ass kicking film. I didn’t really find any of this with King Kong. What I did find was kickass CGI. I really enjoy movies that make you think and of course comedies. For example Saw and Saw 2 would be two of my other favorite movies, yet I also really like movies like Half-Baked. In fact I really like almost every genre. I just happen to enjoy movies likes the Matrix more than say King Kong.

Posted: 30 December 2005 09:52 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-18

k

i think you should watch it again when your 20

youll appreciate it more

Posted: 31 December 2005 04:50 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-29

My opinion about the movie isn’t going to change in a few years, or maybe never. I think you have to deal with the fact that different people like different movies.

Posted: 31 December 2005 04:52 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Joined  2005-12-18

Nah, i think that the more mature you are the more youll like the movie. You need a certain amount of depth.

Posted: 07 January 2006 12:57 AM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-29
thethiefyouhail - 31 December 2005 08:52 PM

Nah, i think that the more mature you are the more youll like the movie. You need a certain amount of depth.

What depth are you talking about? I could tell you the main points and they ideas tried to get conveyed in a couple of sentences. You honestly have to deal with the fact that others may not like a movie you thought was so great.

Posted: 18 January 2006 05:21 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2006-01-14

LoL id most deffintely have to agree with ridv34 on this little arguement.  Not every person can like every movie you like <the thief you hail>.  Example: you say your 15 right, do you like movies like Power Rangers, or younger yet Barney.  If not, im totaly not surprised, why?  Because youve grown up, and matured like you pointed out.  People enjoy differnt movies based around what interestes they have, like I no I dont like Barney or Power Ranger movies, but they didnt make movies like that for 15 year olds, dont get me wrong though there are 15 year olds that im sure enjoy that, but they were made for a younger audience to keep the action (Power Rangers) alive, and not like action for 15+.  You say ridv34 has to mature I think you might need a lil tuning up on the maturity level, you keep complaining how someone doesnt like King Kong, and you continue to drag it on and on how he needs to like it because you think its good.  I havent seen it yet, im sure its a good movie, myself I enjoy CGI movies ALOT, so ill prolly enjoy the special effects comming from King Kong, on the same note I do also enjoy Matrix, Saw 1+2.  I think though that, people can look at movies a whole lot differnt then anyone else.  Im pretty sure even you hate a movie, and I ask why, its such a good movie, I dont even need to know what it is.  In my oppinion Illl give every movie credit, mabye they drage on our the resolution is shot, or the actors suck, but lets face it if you can get a movie off the ground and around the world, id b prety happy whether or not its good or bad.  So why do you hate that movie?  The same reason some people dislike movies you like.  Besides ridv34 never even said he thought it was the gayest movie ever, he said good thing about it, so I think you need to mature a bit, and if they come out with a movie EVERYONE likes, im sure yull be the first person to tell us we have to like it, because EVERYONE else does.
Sorry this was soo long ridv lol.
And to everyone else in this thread have a GREAT day! 😊

Posted: 21 January 2006 09:07 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
N00b
Joined  2006-01-21

aright well, I have to agree with The Plague of Tommorow and ridv34. On the Movie choice! every person can like there own genres of movies, and “Hi…Im…New” is just a lil retard! I bet he’s not 15, he’s probably like 70 years old with no life and just comes on internet sites and likes to play around with random #### and start random ####! just accept we all have different opinions ! =P And The Plague of Tommorow Is totally right, u make sense man!! your so smart! and wow, nice long paragraph on all of that !! just hit me and made so much sense man!!! touching! well have fun ! bye bye