Submit Your Questions: Interview with Nintendo re: DS
Posted: 19 November 2004 04:45 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

I will be doing an interview with a Nintendo representative on the topic of the soon to be released Nintendo DS. If you have anything you would like me to ask, post it here. If it is intelligent and thought provoking, we just might use it. 😉

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 19 November 2004 05:39 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

Some really hard-@ss questions for them to try to answer:

Do you think you have under-estimated Sony’s strategy in regard to the power of PSP in comparison to the DS?

What particular advantages do you see the DS has over the upcoming PSP handheld.

How is work coming along on the next handheld in the GameBoy line, since this the DS is a third-tier product?  Is there any time-frame for when gamers can expect that?  What features and processing capability can we expect?

What market are you targeting the DS line, as in comparison to the GBA line?  Older gamers?

Was the DS design originally supposed to be the next GBA offering?

When are new colors expected for the DS?

What is the level of third-party DS support?  Has it been easier to provide coding support for the system in comparison to GBA?

What is your favorite launch title at this point?  Tell us a little about why it is your favorite.

Is there connectivity planned or built-in for the next home console, codename Revolution?

Was Nintendo concerned that kids may not be familiar with using a stylus in their games.  It’s more routine for business professionals to use this type of input.

Why was the DS launched worldwide at the same time-frame?  Normally Japan units are introduced first.

What additional accessories would you recommend for the DS owner?  Is there a carry-case available?

What Nintendo-branded titles can we look forward to next year, other than Metroid.  Is a 3D Zelda possible?

Are there any additional N64 ports planned, such as StarFox or Wave Race?

Everyone is clamoring for Animal Crossing, can you tell us if that’s being worked on?

Posted: 19 November 2004 05:20 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

I would like you to ask him this:

Why do you think that a costumer should get the Nintendo DS over the Sony PSP?

Do you think Sony or Microsoft puts forth any kind of challenge to Nintendo(including the PS2 and/or Xbox vs. gamecube) at this point in the game?

What age group will the titles target?

Posted: 19 November 2004 06:29 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

Since the DS can connect to 802.11b (Wi-Fi) networks, will there be a web browser for the DS?

Posted: 19 November 2004 07:00 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  2004-09-29

Damn you guys beat me at allot of questions. How about this one. Can we expect a price drop after the holidays or shortly before the launch of the PSP?

Posted: 19 November 2004 07:42 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  868
Joined  2004-09-27

Why would they need to drop the price when it is already cheaper than the PSP. Also they have gotten tons and tons of pre-orders in Japan and probably the US too.

Just thought I would throw that in. 8|

Posted: 19 November 2004 07:44 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  4472
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“Dissolution”]Why would they need to drop the price when it is already cheaper than the PSP. Also they have gotten tons and tons of pre-orders in Japan and probably the US too.

or you can just wait for gratis/offercentric to launch their sites :D

Posted: 20 November 2004 02:50 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  2004-09-29

[quote author=“Dissolution”]Why would they need to drop the price when it is already cheaper than the PSP. Also they have gotten tons and tons of pre-orders in Japan and probably the US too.

Well just look how cheap the Gamecube is. Especially in comparison with it’s original price. Also the Gameboy SP. You know that all Game Console prices drop. I am just wondering if they will lower the price after the holidays or maybe just before the PSP launch to make it even more attractive and put some pressure on Sony.

Posted: 20 November 2004 07:08 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

They aren’t going to tell you when they will drop the price.  They want you to buy it for the highest price they can get, and saying that the price will be lower soon will kill their orders until then.

Posted: 20 November 2004 07:10 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2005-02-22

How is the work coming on the hypothetical worldwide gaming network that allows users to connect wirelessly with anyone, anywhere? Is that still a possibility?