Help
Posted: 02 October 2004 10:43 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-09-21

Im reformatting my hardrive, but im totally new to this. I dont have a cd so im dling it off of a filesharing network. I downloaded an ISO of windows xp pro corperate edition. Whats corperate edition can any1 explain that? Also when I downloaded it it said it wasnt verified??? But I virus scanned it and it was all good. Help? Can anyone send me an ISO? Is mine ok?

Posted: 03 October 2004 06:39 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2004-07-18
[quote author=“NolanF”]Im reformatting my hardrive, but im totally new to this. I dont have a cd so im dling it off of a filesharing network. I downloaded an ISO of windows xp pro corperate edition. Whats corperate edition can any1 explain that? Also when I downloaded it it said it wasnt verified??? But I virus scanned it and it was all good. Help? Can anyone send me an ISO? Is mine ok?

Corporate means that it will not require activation, you just have to put in the serial #. Not sure what “not verified” means, probably depends on where you dl’d it with, but you should be ok. If you can, it may be a better idea to get a copy with SP2 “slipstreamed”, as if you try to install SP2 with “invalid” key (the included key is more than likely blacklisted), you will probably not be able to use the installation anymore.