Dreamworks is pathetic.
Posted: 01 October 2004 04:04 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

They rip off everything Pixar does:

Bugs Life—>  Antz
Finding Nemo—->  A Shark’s tale
Monster’s Inc—->  Shrek (it’s a stretch, but there are still similarities).

Posted: 01 October 2004 05:18 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

You also have to remember that these movies take years to complete from start to finish. When they are released within the same year or so, it could quite possibly be a coincidence - talking about Antz and A Bugs Life.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 01 October 2004 06:02 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

One time, sure it would be coincidence.  But two and a half times?  It’s like DW is trying to outdo Pixar (and failing). 

Reminds me of Armegeddon and Deep Impact both coming out in the same summer.  :sick:

Posted: 01 October 2004 05:11 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“HectorGearLive”]Reminds me of Armegeddon and Deep Impact both coming out in the same summer.  :sick:

if you look at the history of movie releases, there are usually 2 big blockbusters a year that are of the same theme.

natural disasters, weather related, aliens, monsters, usually the year of fill in the blank.  im too lazy to go back and look but if you do, you will see every year two or three big movies that are basically the same theme

Posted: 01 October 2004 06:17 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

[quote author=“HectorGearLive”]They rip off everything Pixar does:

Bugs Life—>  Antz
Finding Nemo—->  A Shark’s tale
Monster’s Inc—->  Shrek (it’s a stretch, but there are still similarities).

I know :think:

Posted: 01 October 2004 06:28 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

yeah but they never do make a good movie out of it lol. I still wanna see a shark’s tale though.

Posted: 01 October 2004 07:09 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“gohan_bcc1”]yeah but they never do make a good movie out of it lol. I still wanna see a shark’s tale though.

Shrek = not good?

I’ll put my opinion on that and say it was an amazing movie

And dreamworks makes awesome non computer genereated movies as well

Posted: 02 October 2004 06:00 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

woops i never saw shrek. But that doesnt really count i meant like the copies of the other movies. Such as shark’s tale.

Posted: 02 October 2004 07:10 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

i enjoy both companies movies, despite the similarities…antz was a lil creepy though. being an adult, you see the underlying ideas behind the story, and it sort of creeped me out.

pixar movies def win in the cute factor when it comes to a comparison of the two. puss n boots did give dw a boost though. i think in general, dw films are a lil more adult friendly also. i find more adult type humor (which usually just blow right past the children) in dw films.

so, if dw comes out with something that is similar to “The Incredibles” i’m gonna laugh my ass off.

Posted: 02 October 2004 10:28 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1011
Joined  2005-01-15

yea Dreamworks and Pixar do seem to release similar movies but its possibly a concidence cuz they start making these movies @ least 3yrs ago. but hey big ups to Dreamworks tho. they keep doin it and making money. well look @ Shrek 2. the 3rd biggest grossing flim ever.

Posted: 05 November 2004 04:56 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2004-11-03

Eh, there might be a point in Dreamworks copying Pixars stuff. I was really thinking that with ants and a bugs life. But they were not really the same story. I wanted to see a sharks tail to see if it was anything like finding nemo.

Posted: 05 November 2004 05:00 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2004-10-27

Wasn’t Shark from the same director as Nemo or something?  I know they kept connecting them somehow

Posted: 10 March 2011 12:28 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-03-10

TO SEAN PENN - HERE’S YOUR MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE…....RUN WITH IT.

While he was fighting overseas for our Country, his wife was being viciously raped and murdered back home.
A cold case to remember.
On Nov.2nd 1990, my friend Karen Lanham disappeared from Jerry’s Bar, Highway 24, Karen was the wife of Cpl. James R. Lanham. He was stationed at Camp Lejeune, N.C. and was also serving in the Desert Storm War when she disappeared under foul play.
Her husband did not come home to a greeting, instead, an intense search and a lot of questioning and confusion for him. He would come into the bar night after night, sitting there, drinking Pepsi’s and waiting for her to walk in, but she never did.
Her disappearance remained unsolved for 2 years when another victim was lured from the same bar. The victim, Billy Albert had also served in the Army for 3 years but was disabled due to a car accident and at the time, was walking on crutches with a leg cast. His body was discovered the next day in Sept. 1992. He had been severely beaten beyond recognition with a baseball bat and thrown in a shallow grave.
The police quickly brought in 2 men for questioning and one man drew a map to another grave. It was at that time, they found the grave of Karen Lanham. She had been viciously raped & murdered with her throat slit from ear to ear. The suspects Jamie Gunn 28 & Jeff Vavla 27 at the time were convicted of Billy Albert’s murder and both were supposed to get 40+ years. They were never charged for Karen’s murder. Her murder remains unsolved.
Karen & her husband lived in base housing at the time but for some reason, Camp Lejeune didn’t get involved.
But more importantly, Karen’s husband, never got over this. He was a Marine. He only learned to cope with it. There’s no closure for him because there’s no justice for Karen.
As a dependent living in base housing at the time of her death, the case falls into NCIS jurisdiction, as well as that of the local authorities”. So who dropped the ball? Who failed to serve & protect the marine who swore to serve & protect our country while his wife was being viciously raped & murdered here in the US?

....You need to know these two killers have been paroled already. They walk amongst us here in Onslow County, NC. They didn’t even have to register as sex offenders!
Stay safe——Keep your children safe. Keep yourself safe. To view a photo of each murderer, go to jdnews.com & enter each one’s name. That would be Jamie Gunn & Jeff Vavla.

THE PUBLIC HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW!
Newspaper articles online:
http://www.enctoday.com/news/leads-71873-jdn-bodycopyrag-project.html
http://www.jdnews.com/news/gunn-50586-vavla-albert.html
http://www.jdnews.com/articles/free-74396-years-set.html
http://www.jdnews.com/news/gunn-55752-vavla-lanham.html
http://www.jdnews.com/news/vavla-52953-sheriff-gunn.html
http://www.jdnews.com/news/haswell-55751-information-site.html

Posted: 15 March 2011 07:22 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2010-06-25

I don’t think so because I don’t get that anytime..