BIN FILE?? Bit torrent?? Iso files? Help Please!!!
Posted: 29 September 2004 10:48 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2004-09-01

You can also WinISO and Discjuggler to convert .bin files to .iso so you can put it on a disc. This is what I use for dreamcast and pc games.

Posted: 29 September 2004 10:48 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2004-09-01

i downloaded a bin file from http://www.suprnova.org using bit torrent.  it was the movie the forgotten….. now what am i supposed to with the BIN file?? let me know…thanks

Posted: 29 September 2004 11:13 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Is there no .cue file with the .bin file?

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 29 September 2004 11:37 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2004-09-10

A .bin file is a disc image just like .iso, .nrg, etc. Usually there’s a .cue file associated with the .bin file. If there is, just use a burning program like Nero and select the .cue file to burn. If there isn’t…rename the .bin to .iso and try burning it. You can even open the .iso file with WinRAR or similar programs and view the contents inside.

Posted: 29 September 2004 12:19 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  778
Joined  2005-01-17

download videolan center and watch it from there. you can mount the image if u want using daemon tools

Posted: 29 September 2004 01:59 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2004-07-27

Not to bog you down with suggestions of programs.. but i use Fireburner

basically with that all you have to do is click File then Import tracks from cuesheet.. then you select the .cue file of what you want to burn.  Then once it’s loaded just go to create cd and burn… It’s easy as pie.. easiest program I’ve ever seen

you can download it here http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22374,00.asp

Posted: 29 September 2004 02:33 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2004-09-18

I prefer using Daemon Tools To run the image locally instead of wasting CDs, unless of course you want to burn it, then just do it the other way.
I prefer running my images locally 😊

Posted: 29 September 2004 03:02 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  778
Joined  2005-01-17

[quote author=“Foelz”]I prefer using Daemon Tools To run the image locally instead of wasting CDs, unless of course you want to burn it, then just do it the other way.
I prefer running my images locally 😊

bingo. dontl like burning a movie that im gonna probably watch once.

Posted: 29 September 2004 04:53 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2004-09-01

thanks everyone for helping me out…..... i did download the daemon tools app just to see how it works but i really don’t understand the purpose of it…..perhaps someone can tell me what it allows me to do.  does it allow me to extract the video file from it or what??

next question, if i understand xragnarokx correctly i can just click on the .cue file and select to burn it and it will burn the .bin file also?

Posted: 29 September 2004 05:05 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2004-09-01

1) if i burn it on nero will it also allow me to play it on certain DVD players without actually burning it to a DVD-R?? 
2) can i burn it to a DVD-R?? if i do will it play on PS2 or XBOX?

man yall are the greatest, i appreciate all of this.

Posted: 29 September 2004 07:15 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2004-09-10

Yes, if you select to burn the .cue file, it will automatically burn the .bin file as well. That’s if the path and file name is correct. If the .bin file got renamed or it’s in another path, it won’t work. So you would have to rename it back to what it was originally or edit the .cue file.

It can play on DVD players only if its video format is mpeg, meaning it’s a VCD image. If it was encoded using divx or any other compression format, your DVD player wouldn’t be able to read it.

Posted: 30 September 2004 02:30 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2004-09-01

thanks again.

Posted: 01 October 2004 09:47 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2004-09-18

northcak81, Daemon tools is like a CD Drive Emulator (well, it is)
You right click on the task icon and go to Virtual CD/DVD-ROM and you click on the ‘device’ it will show you something like you’re going to open a file, this is where you go and look for the cue file or the ISO or whatever format the image is in.
You mount the image and basically your computer is being tricked into thinking that it has an extra CD drive when its really just the image you would have burned onto a disk.

Does any of this make sense?  :think: