< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
Halo 2
Posted: 07 November 2004 12:26 PM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2004-11-02

Halo 2 reviews are starting to come out now. It looks great.

Posted: 07 November 2004 12:27 PM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

wow.. good to see.

Posted: 07 November 2004 03:51 PM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  2004-09-29

Check out one of the reviews!
http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/833/Halo-2/p1/

:o 9.9 :o

Posted: 07 November 2004 05:55 PM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

got a 98 at gamerankings.

Posted: 08 November 2004 01:12 AM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  133
Joined  2004-09-07

The ending sucks depending on what kind of style endings you like. If you cannot appreciate cliffhangers, then this ending might piss you off… But who cares? I think most people who get this game are going straight to multiplayer and will focus their efforts their mostly. Of course a lot of people will complete the single player game, and hell, a lot might even feel the need to complete legendary mode, which is boosted like crazy. I’ve had a chance to play through the single player for a good bit and I must say I am impressed, and even moreso with the multiplayer. This game is pretty short, I think about the same length as halo. At most I can see this game running 15 hours, probably longer in legendary mode. I tested the difficulty in normal difficulty and really had no trouble. I think they made the difficulty easier, just by a hair. Easy is just ridiculious; play only if you really suck at gaming in general or are too scared to go for normal, or maybe for an ego boost—just pretend it’s not “easy.” Anyways, this game is quite good, and I’m waiting to get my hands on a copy that I don’t have to send back to microsoft for demoing.

Posted: 08 November 2004 01:34 AM   [ # 31 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29

[quote author=“jtr4678”]The ending sucks depending on what kind of style endings you like. If you cannot appreciate cliffhangers, then this ending might piss you off… But who cares? I think most people who get this game are going straight to multiplayer and will focus their efforts their mostly. Of course a lot of people will complete the single player game, and hell, a lot might even feel the need to complete legendary mode, which is boosted like crazy. I’ve had a chance to play through the single player for a good bit and I must say I am impressed, and even moreso with the multiplayer. This game is pretty short, I think about the same length as halo. At most I can see this game running 15 hours, probably longer in legendary mode. I tested the difficulty in normal difficulty and really had no trouble. I think they made the difficulty easier, just by a hair. Easy is just ridiculious; play only if you really suck at gaming in general or are too scared to go for normal, or maybe for an ego boost—just pretend it’s not “easy.” Anyways, this game is quite good, and I’m waiting to get my hands on a copy that I don’t have to send back to microsoft for demoing.

Sweet! Thanks.  Legendary it is then. 8)

Posted: 08 November 2004 01:35 AM   [ # 32 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-09-07

Lol! You are one tough gamer if you get through legendary. I’m tempted to try it myself, but since I’ve done the single player, I’m gunna work on multiplayer until I feel the need to brag. Haha.

Posted: 08 November 2004 01:42 AM   [ # 33 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29

[quote author=“jtr4678”]Lol! You are one tough gamer if you get through legendary. I’m tempted to try it myself, but since I’ve done the single player, I’m gunna work on multiplayer until I feel the need to brag. Haha.

LOL. Well I did pass Halo under Legendary. Of course, under co-op. It’s so much better under legendary. You get to REALLY enjoy the game like that…....Oh man I can’t wait….Only a few more hours.  http://www.gamestop.com <——- Countdown

Posted: 08 November 2004 01:28 PM   [ # 34 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  378
Joined  2004-10-19

im going right now to be in line to pick up halo 2…...LOL :lol:

Posted: 08 November 2004 07:42 PM   [ # 35 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2004-11-05

yay! it’s ready :love:

Posted: 09 November 2004 12:16 AM   [ # 36 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  868
Joined  2004-09-27

Yay, Halo 2 is out…. actually I hate Halo, let the flames begin. They just rushed it for the PC and when I bought it, it blew goats because it had *Billion bugs.

Oh and I don’t have an Xbox because Microsoft is gay and is a Monopoly. 😛

P.S. It just doesn’t compare to any PC games, which is what I play. :|

Posted: 09 November 2004 07:10 AM   [ # 37 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2004-11-05

i got it today! 😊

Posted: 09 November 2004 01:50 PM   [ # 38 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3261
Joined  2004-11-09

I can’t wait to get my xbox so I can play halo 2!
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      |
                      V

Posted: 09 November 2004 03:10 PM   [ # 39 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2004-08-01

Overrated game IMO.

Posted: 10 November 2004 10:41 AM   [ # 40 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15

my friend stayed home from school yesterday and beat the game.

Posted: 10 November 2004 12:26 PM   [ # 41 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

hah o god. Halo 2 is okay.

Posted: 10 November 2004 01:47 PM   [ # 42 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2004-09-27

Yeah, I really dont think its that good an overated…

Speaking of people staying home there was this kid on the High School basketball team here and when GTA:San Andreas came out he quit the team and beat the game in a week! :lol:

Posted: 10 November 2004 01:54 PM   [ # 43 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2004-08-01
[quote author=“gobulls404”]my friend stayed home from school yesterday and beat the game.

You know u dont have a life when u skip school to play video games… seriously.

Posted: 10 November 2004 02:01 PM   [ # 44 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15

discobiscuits wrote:

gobulls404 wrote:
my friend stayed home from school yesterday and beat the game.

Yeah, that’s him pretty much.  He says he “would be happy if he just stayed inside for the rest of his life and played halo2”.  He’s an odd one.

(I don’t get how to do the whole quote thing while posting messages, could anyone tell me how to get the “so and so wrote” above the quote.  I just typed it in, thanks)

EDIT: Never mind, I just got how to quote.

Posted: 10 November 2004 03:29 PM   [ # 45 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-09-07

Yeah, the campaign mode is okay… it’s been done already, and the story is cut wayyy too short. The multiplayer kicks ass though and extends the replay value a bunch, especially if you are live enabled. However, legendary is too difficult for me to actually enjoy, and heroic is pretty tough too. I think I can manage heroic, but legendary is just sick. The fun of halo has always been getting friends together and competing anyways, so I’m not too amazed by the xbox live part of it. I’m still gunna frag my friends and college mates. That’s what it’s all about; live action halo.

Posted: 10 November 2004 06:03 PM   [ # 46 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Board Mentor
Joined  2004-09-29

It’s good to play together! 😛 :D 😉  Just played it online. Awesome. Sadly I must study for my test on Friday. Weekend off from work though, you know where you’ll see me.  :D 😉

BTW Legendary is like freaking hard but hey, that’s why it’s called Legendary. Besides, it’s the only way to go. Unless of course you just want to pass the game.

Posted: 11 November 2004 09:42 AM   [ # 47 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2004-07-29

Anyone else preorder from freevideogames.com and get theirs yeat? mine is at my post office but its a holiday so it wont be delivered til’ tomorow 😢

Posted: 11 November 2004 01:38 PM   [ # 48 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

Its pretty overrated. I mean it was a lot like the first one but it is still amazing. I’m hooked on it. I cant believe some losers stood up till 12 to get on an hour line at the mall just so they could get Halo 2, what 6 hours before everyone else? and then next day they had work or school so they have to go to sleep right away when they get home. What they did was pretty pointless if you ask. The only thing you can be that obsessive with IMO is a girl or a gal you’re going out with. Haha not to mention those kids that cut school for playing it, what fing losers.
[quote author=“jtr4678”]The ending sucks depending on what kind of style endings you like. If you cannot appreciate cliffhangers, then this ending might piss you off… But who cares? I think most people who get this game are going straight to multiplayer and will focus their efforts their mostly. Of course a lot of people will complete the single player game, and hell, a lot might even feel the need to complete legendary mode, which is boosted like crazy. I’ve had a chance to play through the single player for a good bit and I must say I am impressed, and even moreso with the multiplayer. This game is pretty short, I think about the same length as halo. At most I can see this game running 15 hours, probably longer in legendary mode. I tested the difficulty in normal difficulty and really had no trouble. I think they made the difficulty easier, just by a hair. Easy is just ridiculious; play only if you really suck at gaming in general or are too scared to go for normal, or maybe for an ego boost—just pretend it’s not “easy.” Anyways, this game is quite good, and I’m waiting to get my hands on a copy that I don’t have to send back to microsoft for demoing.

Are you saying there might be a Halo 3?

Posted: 11 November 2004 01:44 PM   [ # 49 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2004-09-27

[quote author=“discobiscuits”][quote author=“gobulls404”]my friend stayed home from school yesterday and beat the game.

People have no life if they stay home from school and play video games?!?!??!! WHO WOULDNT WANT TO SKIP FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN SCHOOL!

Posted: 11 November 2004 02:49 PM   [ # 50 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

Skipping school leads you to dis:
http://www.techsmart.ca/images/McDonalds%203.JPG

Picture was too big to post.

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3
‹‹ GT4 got own3d!      Burnout Revenge Review ››