Headphones that are worth it
Posted: 08 November 2004 09:59 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  133
Joined  2004-09-07

i like the “middle” class headphones, because i refuse to pay large sums of money for more expensive ones (because i cant afford them)

Posted: 08 November 2004 09:59 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  133
Joined  2004-09-07

I think there’s a ton of debate over those perfect earphones for your ipod. There are a lot of expensive ones with their drawbacks and their pluses, there are a lot of cheap ones that are good for the money, and then there’s the middle class which have average everything. I have spent a ton of time researching what earphones to get for my ipod and finally arrived to a conclusion. While the shure e2cs could potentially be free and are somewhat nice, the main complaint is that there is far too much base and the sound is not clear enough. The one up from this, the shure e3c, lacks enough base and concentrates purely on clarity, but is not good for most rock or anything involving bass in general. Sony makes a couple good pairs, but they are either in the cheap or average category. I keep hearing about how people buy some relatively cheap Sony’s headphones and they claim the quality is there and at a great price. Personally, I tried out some of the Sony’s earphones, and I even own a pair, and I’m not very impressed. They have average sound, but I wouldn’t go any farther. I don’t care about this sound nullifying or suppression crap either. I just care about sound. If I wanted to be totally oblivious to everything else, I’d lock myself in my room and blast music with my surround sound. I just want good audio that is portable. Personally, I have found the Bang & Olufsen A8 earphones to be the best, and are pretty pricey. If you are in to spending the extra money for audio, I would go with these. Not only is their design pretty cool, at least in my opinion, you get good clarity, base, and treble. I’d probably go for ebay since this isn’t a mainstream US brand. But let me assure you, the quality is there. This company has been around for awhile and has made some fantastic audio speakers.

If you are lucky, you can get a pair for like 100 bucks on ebay, maybe a little more at max. If you are luckier, you can get it for 80 or so. It just depends. Retail price is about 120 us dollars, and I think this is a good deal compared to the shure e2c or anything else in the high dollar range. Just check around the web and do your own research, but I would just like to bring up the fact that this is a brand that is out there and brings good audio to yours ears.

Posted: 08 November 2004 12:13 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

I prefer these.

Posted: 08 November 2004 12:30 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15

Here’s a good article about that