< 1 2
2 of 2
The most under-rated game of all time?
Posted: 09 October 2004 11:58 AM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“creejoh”]FFX was still awesome.  But I wrote it off as crap because of those CG sequences.  It was boring but when you are about 1/4 into the game it gets good.  I got it, played it, got bored with the sequences, put it away, picked it up 2 years later, and beat/enjoyed the hell out of it.  Still doesn’t beat FF7 or Chrono Trigger in my book.

Im just getting back into RPGs any other good recommendations?

My boyfriend is got into Disgaea and La Pucelle for a while there, and he really liked Star Ocean, I think. You can try those =)

Believe it or not, I thought FFX and FF7 were just as equally awesome as the other. I cannot choose one over the other

Posted: 09 October 2004 12:01 PM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“Andreux”][quote author=“creejoh”]FFX was still awesome.  But I wrote it off as crap because of those CG sequences.  It was boring but when you are about 1/4 into the game it gets good.  I got it, played it, got bored with the sequences, put it away, picked it up 2 years later, and beat/enjoyed the hell out of it.  Still doesn’t beat FF7 or Chrono Trigger in my book.

Im just getting back into RPGs any other good recommendations?

My boyfriend is got into Disgaea and La Pucelle for a while there, and he really liked Star Ocean, I think. You can try those =)

Believe it or not, I thought FFX and FF7 were just as equally awesome as the other. I cannot choose one over the other

Thanks for the recommendations.

FFX could compete if the story wasn’t so linear, they trimmed down the fat, and if there was more stuff to do.

Haha anyone play Super Mario RPG?  I loved that game too… haha

Posted: 11 October 2004 12:53 PM   [ # 28 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  284
Joined  2005-10-20

raptor:call of shadows               best game ever…get it for free and play it!!!!!!!!!!! i love it

Posted: 11 October 2004 01:42 PM   [ # 29 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2004-07-18

I have about 70 hours in Disgaeia and I still haven’t beaten it but it’s an awesome game. Disgaeia, La Pucelle Tactics, and Phantom Brave are all by the same company and they make excellent games. There is so much to do in them that you’ll never get it all done. They’re fun and sometimes really difficult too. Perfect for turn-based strategy freaks like myself.

Posted: 11 October 2004 03:04 PM   [ # 30 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

^^^ those are also very great games. I wish i still had them.

< 1 2
2 of 2