Famed motorcycle builder ‘Indian Larry’ killed in accident
Posted: 30 August 2004 10:43 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

Sad day for anyone into custom bikes.

Indian Larry killed in bike stunt accident

Indian Larry, a master motorcycle mechanic and stunt man, passed away this morning following an accident while performing Saturday at the Liquid Steel Classic and Custom Bike Series show at Cabarrus Arena and Events Center in Concord. He was best known for his appearances on Discovery Channel’s “Great Biker Build-Off” show.

“He was riding and standing up on his seat,” said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy county manager. “The bike started to wobble and he was not able to regain control.”

Indian Larry fell off the bike before a crowd of about 8,000. He was not wearing a helmet. Paramedics were standing by and aided him until he could be airlifted to CMC, Downs said.

“Cabarrus County along with the staff at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center sends its sincere condolences to the family of Indian Larry,” said Robert M. Freeman, chairman of the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners. “Indian Larry was a man with great skill and talent as a mechanic and metal sculptor. He will be truly missed by his fans here in Cabarrus County and throughout the nation.”

Indian Larry was best known for his eccentric nature, according to his official Web site. His r?sum? includes movie, video and television

RIP Brother

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

Posted: 30 August 2004 11:26 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1022
Joined  2004-08-21

I like watching the shows on the bikes and everything and the ironic thing is for the first time i had watched the great Biker Build Off this past week and now he is dead :( I feel really bad because he was really cool.

Posted: 30 August 2004 12:07 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  2004-08-16
[quote author=“snakeyes17”]I like watching the shows on the bikes and everything and the ironic thing is for the first time i had watched the great Biker Build Off this past week and now he is dead :( I feel really bad because he was really cool.

how sad, he was really cool and so amazing