Headphone reviews
Posted: 25 August 2004 06:02 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-08-06

(Pardon if a dupe of an existing topic, but with all these freeipods coming to people, I thought headphones would be a good thing to talk about).

I spent a few hours reviewing the Sennheiser HD-497, HD-212, and HD-280, and chose the HD-497(cause of lower price primarily). I currently own a pair of old OLD OOOOOLLLLLDDDDD Koss computer headphones about 10 years old or more, that cost all of $8(when my family owned a computer shop way back when). These are some of the best headphones I’ve ever even heard. The others that I use frequently are sony’s, model number unknown, and I love the koss more.

Anyone else?

Michael

Posted: 25 August 2004 06:08 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

grado (sp?)

Posted: 25 August 2004 06:10 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2004-08-11

Well I got these - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=dj/search/detail/base_pid/271062/  but might be a lil expensive fo yall, and big heh

Posted: 25 August 2004 07:09 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2004-08-04

I love my Sennheiser’s.
I have the HD-280’s, they are great. Good frequency response, and the bass is adequate for headphones. When I am at home I listen to them through my headphone amp, but they are good enough without as well. They are very comfortable and seem to be very well made. I have a pair of Grado’s as well but I really can’t handle them for long listening periods, they really hurt after only about an hour, hour and a half. I also have several pairs of olf Sennheiser’s (From my dad) and a pair of Koss pro 4AA’s which are superb, but really feel like you’re wearing a football helmet. They are huge.

Good choice on the 497’s, they are a nice set of headphones. I primarily chose the 280’s because of the closed back, which is the only way I will go, despite the better sound of an open back.
Take care.

Posted: 25 August 2004 08:12 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2004-07-18

My main headphones are a pair of Grado SR80 s. Really amazing quality all around. The only gripe I have is they can be stiff and uncomfortable when you first get them.

My dad’s birthday is in a week, and Im getting him the Koss Portapro headphones. Great sound quality for the price, plus they are some of the most comfortable things you can wear, which is more important to him.

Posted: 25 August 2004 11:18 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  778
Joined  2005-01-17

I got a platronice audio 90 headset. I use it for mostly gaming 😉 music i listen through my 5.1 speaker system 😛

Posted: 26 August 2004 03:56 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1022
Joined  2004-08-21

I have Sony headphones
the cheap ones that wrap behind your head
I really need new ones

Posted: 26 August 2004 04:04 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2004-08-22

anyone wanna tell us their opinion of the whiteys? (apple ear buds that come with the pod…) ive heard such mixed reviews, but the few times ive used em they seemed pretty nice for buds ....any thoughts?

Posted: 26 August 2004 04:06 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2060
Joined  2004-12-22

I have a pair of those cheap Sony headphones, the ones that go behind the head instead of over it.

I found them a little uncomfortable, so what I did was pull out the little tabs that rest on your ears. They are removable. Then I threw them away. Much more comfortable. Also, the mesh ear pads tore on mine, so I replaced them with the ones from my Philips free headphones that I got with my portable CD player a few years back.

Posted: 26 August 2004 04:13 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1022
Joined  2004-08-21

[quote author=“Tighr”]I have a pair of those cheap Sony headphones, the ones that go behind the head instead of over it.

I found them a little uncomfortable, so what I did was pull out the little tabs that rest on your ears. They are removable. Then I threw them away. Much more comfortable. Also, the mesh ear pads tore on mine, so I replaced them with the ones from my Philips free headphones that I got with my portable CD player a few years back.

yeah I did that too a while ago.
I just hate how uncomfortable it is when you try to lay down with them on. Or if i try to fall asleep with them on.

Posted: 26 August 2004 04:20 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2004-08-20

I use Grado SR60’s at work, and they are great.  I have Sennheiser PX200’s for portable use, which are also very nice.  Good isolation and nice sound.  And, I use Koss KSC-22’s for work outs.  They do not sound great, but stay in nice for any activity.

Posted: 26 August 2004 09:44 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2004-07-18

I have a pair of Aiwa xp222’s that I use for my computer and for my guitar amp so I can rock late into the night.  They worked perfectly for dorm life because they blocked out all sound even when I didn’t have music running. Good for quiet studying. They also double as earmuffs in the winter.

I would love to get a pair of Sennheiser’s but they’re a bit too expensive for me to spend on headphones.

Posted: 14 September 2004 10:50 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2004-08-06

I’m absolutely and perfectly happy with my 497’s. My sony’s(looks like the ones somebody posted, said were big and expensive) don’t even have the kind of sound quality of those senn’s. They’re wonderfully comfortable, I lay in bed, toss and turn with them all night, and my ears don’t even feel it, I can wear them for hours, so far 5 hours later, they don’t even hurt.

I have another pair of creative earbuds that came with my nomad jukebox, and they’re got great sound for earbuds, but nowhere near as beautiful as the senn’s. Try Escaflowne - Shadow of Doubt for an experience, and try to count the instruments.

Michael

‹‹ Maktub      CD labeler ››