Mystery Shopper ... Scam or Cool?
Posted: 19 August 2004 09:02 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2004-08-09

Has anyone done any of the various mystery shopper sign-ups? I got an e-mail recently to join http://www.mysteriousjobs.com. It sounds like a cool thing to do and would definitely be worth the $25 sign-up fee, but it sounds a little fishy and there’s no way to check offerings in your area without signing up first. Anyone have any experience with this or willing to try it out?

Posted: 19 August 2004 09:43 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  2004-08-16

I never got any jobs… I signed up and I never got anything for doing it but hey it was worth a try. *shrugz* Maybe you will get work ... go ahead.. give it a try!

Posted: 20 August 2004 03:06 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2004-08-19

I always thought it was kind of dorky. They can tell right when you order what your doing anyhow. I used to work at a restraunt and you could see these kind of people a mile away. They make it a hassle to be served because they ask you so many retarded questions like, where does your bread come from and how do you store it. Duh! Normal people dont ask those questions. Just them and DHEC. Anyway, do it if you got the time. Later

Posted: 20 August 2004 09:40 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1494
Joined  2004-12-28

As a rule of thumg, you should NEVER pay to sign up for any of these. They will pay you, not the other way around. Good luck.

Posted: 25 August 2004 06:23 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

I’ve done quite a few shops for a different company—Normally it is at a restaurant [lunch, dinner, or bar if you’re over 21].  Although I have had a few shops at places like best buy, wal-mart, and home depot…generally they will give you $25 - $75 to spend on whatever you want—only requirement is you must fill in the survey afterwards within 12 hours of the visit, and remember certain things…names of who helped you, you have to visit at least one bathroom…yadda yadda.  You put the money out up front, and submit your receipt, and in 30 days you’ll get check in the mail.

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

Posted: 25 August 2004 07:03 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1022
Joined  2004-08-21

hmm not my kind of thing
sounds okay if you want to risk it

Posted: 25 August 2004 07:17 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2662
Joined  2005-01-06

[quote author=“snakeyes17”]hmm not my kind of thing
sounds okay if you want to risk it

Well, the way I figure, I’d be spending the money anyways—I go out to eat all the time so if I don’t get it back no big deal—same with best buy, and home depot…i’m always there so if I spend money and don’t get it back its no skin, I was gonna spend it either way.[/code]

Signature 

http://www.pacats.com

‹‹ Website layout...      First Thread Alive ››