Slow computer
Posted: 13 July 2010 02:11 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-07-13

Many of the times our computer work very slow eventhough no virus in computer.  This type of thing happened because of so many unused temporary files. So here is the solution to speed up your computer by Ccleaner software which cleaning your Windows PC. It protects your privacy online and makes your computer faster and more secure.

CCleaner which stands for Crap Cleaner, is a freeware system optimisation tool. The best part is that it’s fast and Free. CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more HDD space.

Posted: 14 July 2010 10:46 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2009-08-31

The best part is that it’s fast and Free. CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more HDD space.

Posted: 23 July 2010 08:37 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-05-03

Defragmenting could help speed up your system:

There are many different causes for a computer system to run slow. Think about this: from the very first day that you unpacked the boxes, set up your new computer, and powered it on, it began to accumulate and store many different types of data. Music, videos, letters, pictures, emails and more; the list of data that we store on our computers’ grows larger and larger as more and more of our everyday lives become digitized to some degree.

All of this data is stored on the system hard drive and is managed by the computer’s operating system. There are file allocation tables that store pointers to the exact address on the hard drive where each file, no matter how large or small, is stored. The file’s name, size, type, date modified, date created, attributes, status, along with about 15 other parameters all get saved there. In addition to whatever data files the computer user stores on the hard drive, the computer’s operating system has literally hundreds of files that it uses to perform its various functions stored there as well.

As the operating system prepares to write data to the hard drive it merely looks for the first available empty region on the hard drive that it can find. If the file to be stored is 10 megabytes in size and the first available empty region that is found contains at least 10 megabytes of contiguous storage space, then the entire file will be laid out there, in a contiguous fashion. When a computer is new, this is what tends to happen at first since the hard drive is largely empty. However, it doesn’t take long for this nice neat little scenario to change as files are constantly being stored temporarily and then removed as they are no longer needed. Without getting too esoteric let’s suffice it to say that as time goes on the file structure becomes more and more ‘fragmented’.

As the operating system compensates for removed, relocated, completely new and resized data files, a single fragmented file can become spread out, in multiple pieces, across several sections of the hard drive. Now imagine nearly every file the system needs to function becoming fragmented in this way. That is exactly what happens to a computer’s hard drive over time. Using a little imagination one can see how this would tend to cause the computer to run slower and slower as the system has to piece together, from various locations, all of the fragments necessary to retrieve an entire data file.

At this point you must be thinking, ‘there must be something I can do?” Well, fortunately there is. To return the computer’s hard drive back to a more organized state, similar to the way it looked when the computer was new and to reverse the ill effects of file ‘fragmentation’, we will be performing a process called, ‘De-Fragmentation!’ Of course I’m sure you had already guessed that is where we were heading.

Depending upon the size of the hard drive to be defragmented, the amount of data that is stored on it, the level of fragmentation and the speed of the computer’s processor, along with several other factors, a defragmentation can regularly take many, many hours! The standard defragmentation tool that is included in the Windows disk utilities should be performed while the computer is idle. This means that while Windows is defragmenting the hard drive the computer should not be used to perform any other functions.

Be sure to allocate enough time for the defragmentation so as to allow it to successfully complete a full defragmentation of the entire system drive. You may wish to begin the defragmentation just prior to retiring for the evening thereby allowing it to run all night if need be.

It is also important that no other applications be running in the background during this process. Take note if you use anti-virus or anti-spyware software, these programs are notorious for causing a defragmentation to abort prematurely. Disconnecting the computer from the Internet and Network would also be a good idea.

Assuming all of the aforementioned conditions have been met it is now time to proceed to starting the defragmentation.

- Click on ‘My Computer’.
- Locate your System Drive (Typically drive letter C: is the system drive).
- Place your Mouse Pointer over the System Drive and Press the Right Mouse Button.
- From the Menu choose ‘Properties’ (found at the bottom of the menu).
- This brings up the Local Disk C: Properties Sheet.
- Select the ‘Tools’ tab.
- Press ‘Defragment Now’ to start the Defragmentation Utility.
- Be sure that the System Drive Letter is highlighted.
- Press ‘Defragment’ to start the Process.

Well that raps it up. Remember this process could take anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours so be patient and you will be rewarded with a snappier, more responsive computer system.

Posted: 23 July 2010 08:55 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-05-03

Increase Startup Speed and System Performance by using MSCONFIG

As Windows starts up there are many programs that are executed automatically, some of which you may not want starting up, and many of which do not need to be started every time your computer is booted up. If you look at your toolbar, normally in the area directly adjacent to where your clock is displayed, you will probably see many small icons that correspond to various applications that are installed on your system. Each of those icons actually represents an application that is running in the background of your system, using up valuable system resources.

The majority of applications that add themselves to the start-up sequence do not absolutely need to do so. Removing some of these applications from your startup sequence can greatly increase system performance. Do not be alarmed if you remove an application from the start-up sequence and you no longer see its icon in your task-bar area. You can still access any application removed from the start-up sequence simply by either clicking on its shortcut on the desktop (assuming there is one) or by clicking start and browsing through the programs listing until you find the application and then starting it from there.

As a general rule the only programs that absolutely have to be running in the background are the ones that are associated with your network hardware. Typically if you are using a wireless network adapter then you would most likely need to be sure that you do not remove that application from the start-up sequence. There could also be other applications that might support some proxy services or VPN services that might also need to be running depending on your specific situation. Every situation is different, you may need to experiment a bit to find the best configuration.

Luckily, in their infinite wisdom, Microsoft included a utility starting with Windows 98 that allows you to modify the start-up sequence relatively easily.

Using ‘MSCONFIG’

Windows XP

- Click on Start->Run
- Type ‘msconfig’ and press enter or click OK. (The System Configuration Utility should start up.)

Windows Vista / Windows 7

- Click on Start
- In the search system box type ‘msconfig’ and press ‘Search’.
- In the System Configuration Utility, click on the tab called Startup.
- You can uncheck any program that you do not wish to execute on startup. (Changes that you make here are easily reversible.)
- After you have unchecked as many or few programs as you wish, click ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.
- You will then be prompted to restart your computer, click ‘Yes’.

If after rebooting you are experiencing problems connecting to the Internet or you are not able to access certain software you can easily go back and recheck those programs in the ‘msconfig’ utility using the same steps outlined above.

Posted: 25 July 2010 06:51 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-07-11

CC cleaner is really good option to remove your temporary files and have more space,if you are using heavy window like Wndow 7 and antivrus etc than you can face this problem so be sure to have high RAm

Posted: 27 July 2010 02:37 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2010-06-02

why i can’t make a thread..???

Posted: 09 September 2010 05:20 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2010-09-09

Ii depends upon the operating system or your hardware requirement. sometimes you install a heavy operating system that does not match with your hardware configuration that make your system speed slow down. or it can be because of viruses.

or simply because of temporary file that make your system slow down.

for this you have to remove your temporary files

go to command prompt

and write %TEMP%

all the temporary files will show there

Just remove that temporary files by shift+del+enter

Posted: 14 September 2010 11:02 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-09-14

Yes This The Main Problem With Which Your Computer Become Very Slow.There are lots of Clean up Utility are available on the Internet You can use it.Ccleaner is also one of them.You can use to Clear the Temporary Files,Browsing History Etc.Even Though You can also Clean or Fix the Registry Form this.

Posted: 03 February 2011 01:45 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-02-03

I wonder if it is a problem with the computer or the connection. are you using a cable or a wireless connection?

Posted: 16 March 2011 10:22 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2011-03-09
micky1095 - 15 September 2010 02:02 AM

Yes This The Main Problem With Which Your Computer Become Very Slow.There are lots of Clean up Utility are available on the Internet You can use it.Ccleaner is also one of them.You can use to Clear the Temporary Files,Browsing History Etc.Even Though You can also Clean or Fix the Registry Form this.

That could work, another point is the RAM.

Posted: 03 July 2011 01:10 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-07-03

Your computer could be slow for various reasons. Memory is one of them…. if you’re trying to do a lot of multitasking and your computer isn’t being responsive then I would definitely look into adding some more memory. Bloatware always slows your computer down too so make sure to download some bloatware removal software such as ccleaner which I use personally every 3 -4 months to keep the crap out so to speak. If you have a laptop I would recommend you reinstall the OS every 6-8 months because that usually helps solve all problems

Posted: 04 July 2011 06:39 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-04-19

rightly said the main reason behind a computer to slow down is majorly the temporary files and lack of defragmentation done in a computer, so better defragment your hard disk and use ccleaner to delete all the temporary files.

körperpeeling

Posted: 05 July 2011 10:47 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
N00b
Joined  2011-07-05

It was a hard headache before I on my old model computer, I can’t upgrade for I don’t much have enough money to buy a brand new. But since, I used CCleaner Its less headache for now.  I really recommend CCleaner and all my friends and relatives uses this software now.

Posted: 10 August 2011 09:42 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-07-07

my computer works slowly too…...so sad….............:(

Posted: 23 September 2011 01:22 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
N00b
Joined  2011-09-23

Virus may be the problem, you should format your computer.

Posted: 27 October 2011 01:11 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-10-24

There are various softwares available which can help you to remove unused applications. CCleaner is one of them and an effective one.

Posted: 17 November 2011 08:30 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-11-16

My computer was stolen, I am so angry…........

Posted: 21 November 2011 08:21 AM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
N00b
Joined  2011-11-21

Is the software from iobit any good in terms of speeding up your PC?