Boxee Box Demo
Posted: 18 January 2010 01:48 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2kpgnLI_zo[/youtube]

At we caught up with D-Link, makers of the exciting new set-top box, the Boxee Box. Boxee rep Andrew Kippen was on hand to give us a walkthrough of the Boxee software, and also gave us a look at the actual Boxee Box hardware.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 04 February 2010 11:36 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-02-04

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

Boxee have already developed something of a cult following with the software incarnation of their media player, and with the unveil at CES 2010 of the standalone Boxee Box by D-Link we?ve a feeling they?re about to go mainstream.  We stopped by to check out the latest version of Boxee, together with the Tegra 2 packing hardware D-Link have put together for it; you can see our hands on video after the cut.

Posted: 11 May 2010 05:37 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-05-11

I am trying to imagine what would happen if the ethnobotanical trade online got cut out of business. The ready availability of plants and the excellent innovations of extraction methods has created a new renaissance in entheogenic exploration. It has made it much easier for people to safely work with entheogens with out needing to rely on designer RCs or illegal lab chems. It has also gotten more people interested in shamanry, because these plants have cultural relationships with that mostly. SO it has been a curious concern to me for a long time? what will happen when or if these plants are no longer being legally traded online? How will people innovatively respond to the need for these medicines? Will they focus more on growing them and working with local alternatives? Will the market open wider for designer chems again? I wonder?

Posted: 10 June 2010 03:07 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-06-10

SO it has been a curious concern to me for a long time? what will happen when or if these plants are no longer being legally traded online? How will people innovatively respond to the need for these medicines? Will they focus more on growing them and working with local alternatives? Will the market open wider for designer chems again?

Posted: 24 June 2010 11:01 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-06-23

Did Boxee fixed the problem of IMDB file naming conventions yet ??

Posted: 27 January 2011 02:48 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2011-01-27

oh really,i am delighted to hear this news thanks for sharing with all of us.

Posted: 03 May 2011 04:00 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-05-01

I think the main reason small units with hd-capabilities have been closed up until now has been their reliance on specific chipsets and DSP’s, which is closed and has a $50000 licence fee and hyperexpencive evalboards and such.

The nice thing about the boxee is that it’s actually a “normal” ARM cpu with a beefy chipset. And as far as I have heard the Tegra is an “open” platform. So while the BBox won’t be developer targeted, I believe it could be easily development enabled…

Now if someone just could release a cheap Tegra 2 eval-/dev-board so one wouldn’t have to jump through so many hoops to develop on it

Oh yea… I’m also in on a BBox developer fund, atleast for $50, maybe $100, we’ll see…

Posted: 31 May 2011 03:19 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-05-31

sasadsdasfadsfadsdafsdfasdfsd

Posted: 14 June 2011 07:38 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-06-07

This is such a excellent post to read. Stimulating me to read more of your articles. Carry on the nice work. Hoping to see more excellent articles from you soon.