Bleeding Edge TV 174: GM’s BOSS Robot Car Qualifies for DARPA Grand Challenge
Posted: 12 July 2007 05:23 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]Bleedingedge-BleedingEdgeTV174DARPAGrandChallengeQualifierCarnegieMe170.flv[/gearlive]

We visited one of the fifty or so groups participating in the DARPA Urban Challenge during one of their qualifying rounds. In case you are unaware, the DARPA Urban Challenge is a charge given publicly to groups who are capable of designing and proving the technology for autonomously driven vehicles. Carnegie Mellon University teamed up with GM to create an autonomous SUV they call “Boss.” In order to participate in November’s 60-mile urban driverless race, they need to pass this benchmark. Check out the video to see Boss pull perfect three point turns and beautifully follow traffic rules - even at four way stops with other cars. We’re crazy excited to see this technology come alive in our society. The team from DARPA is darting back and forth across our country qualifying and disqualifying entries. Some of the remaining companies and teams will bring us autonomously driven cars during our lifetime, its amazing how close we already are.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 18 August 2010 05:18 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-18

Their presentations to the press tends to focus on progress already achieved with this technology, intelligent cruise control, a vehicle may feel a second slower in front of her and adjust speed accordingly.

Posted: 25 August 2010 04:37 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-25

I mailed this to my friends.

Regards

Huge163