AMD takes Intel to task on how to make real quad core chips
Posted: 24 April 2007 05:01 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Okay, we have been hearing a lot about dual core and quad core processors coming out of both the and camps. Now that has released the Octo-core Mac Pro, people are wondering about the benefit of having all these cores at their disposal. In this video, we speak with AMD about what they believe is the fundamental difference between the way they do Quad Core chips as opposed to the way Intel does it. Check out the video to see how AMD feels quad core computing should be done.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 11 August 2010 12:19 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-07-13

A basic Quad core runs on the principles that says all the cores has to work together.Like Intel’s Qaud architecture it has 2 di processors running in synchronization which solves the purpose if any of the bi fails.This motherboard of AMD is not a true quad.It has 2 di processors running together to give the same effect.

Posted: 13 August 2010 01:59 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-08-13

This forum is must for people like me.

Regards

lolly15

Posted: 17 August 2010 02:55 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-08-17

There are a lot of 32-bit operating system that supports a lot of hearts out there. I just do not have Windows. So little latitude OS has nothing to do with the ability to support multicore.

Posted: 18 August 2010 12:36 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-18

yes we are curious to know what really is the difference between the quad core and other cores how does the end user benefit from all this