MAJOR Forum Upgrade! New Features Added
Posted: 08 December 2006 06:11 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Hey guys,

In the continuing effort to make these forums even better, we have just unleashed a bunch of new upgrades:

Added an ignore member feature.

Added the ability for users to report posts to moderators.

Added ability to search by member group in Advanced Search Form

Refined nomenclature for topics, replies, and posts (which is now consistently used as the sum of the topics and replies).
Fixed a bug where posting a new reply would return you to the topic’s first page instead of the last page.

Fixed a bug where an image attachment thumbnail would mistakenly increase the dimensions of the image.

Fixed a bug where deleting a user’s topics when banning them would cause other users’ posts to the affected topics to be orphaned.

Fixed a bug where merging two topics would result in the topic being set by the newer thread instead of the older one.

Fixed a bug where attachments were not being connected properly on merge or split.

Fixed a bug where a Topic’s edit date would change when any action was taken on the thread instead of only when the title or body was edited

Fixed a bug that would allow posting and editing of posts in Read Only forums.

Those are the main ones, but there are a bunch more improvements “under the hood” so to speak. Give things a test and let us know if you find anything odd!

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 16 April 2007 09:49 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-04-16

Hi 😊

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:55 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

I noticed when posting that there is no spell check option. Is that on purpose? Is there anyway that you could add one? Not that I’m a bad speller or anything, I was just wondering because it seems to be a standard feature on most sites where you have a text input. Or am I not looking hard enough? 😊

Posted: 31 May 2008 11:21 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2008-05-29

all those are some nice improvements. the fourms should be packed with people now

Posted: 31 May 2008 11:24 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-05-28

i m quite new here and i have to say the site look great
it have all the feature i need.

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:42 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

I think the forum is better looking and more fun,than the weblog, who agrees with me?

Posted: 31 May 2008 01:54 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24

Ok ok, Geez, do I look like a noob or what! I found the spellcheck button. And the site is fantastic. I did have one problem, I don’t know if it has anything to do with the relative recentness of the post, but when i click on the forum discussion link at the bottom of the page for one of the topics in the video.gearlive section, it says status 404 error. then i have to go through the home page, gearlive, find the topic in question, then go to the forum discussion.

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:57 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Why digging up old threads ? Anyways, i would like to mention that i can’t find to write anything which will show as centered.I mean there’s no [center][/center] buttons & manually putting the code doesn’t work.No worries though. 😊

Posted: 31 May 2008 04:55 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24
sushrukh - 31 May 2008 05:57 PM

Why digging up old threads ? Anyways, i would like to mention that i can’t find to write anything which will show as centered.I mean there’s no [center][/center] buttons & manually putting the code doesn’t work.No worries though. 😊

Some of the old threads still have good info in them, and unlike some of us in the competition, we need a little boost to the brain power to post new topics. and you have to admit, unless the moderators discount some of the posts following those who post 100/ one-liners in a day, as long as they are legitimate material they still show up for future users who might really have a question about some things.

now, back to the topic, the new upgrades are nice, and in keeping with several other relative sites.

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:24 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31
Purjewl - 31 May 2008 01:55 PM

I noticed when posting that there is no spell check option. Is that on purpose? Is there anyway that you could add one? Not that I’m a bad speller or anything, I was just wondering because it seems to be a standard feature on most sites where you have a text input. Or am I not looking hard enough? 😊

That’s why I use FireFox and have the “check my spelling” option turned on. Then I don’t have to worry about looking for a spell checker when I’m typing an email or trying to post something on a forum. I just let FireFox take care of it all for me and it saves me time and makes it so much easier.

Posted: 31 May 2008 07:34 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

I find Safari’s spell-checker easier to use when posting. (Safari is a web browser)

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:20 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah man we all know that Safari is aweb browser.maybe not many people are using it but we have heard about it anyways. 😊

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:08 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 31 May 2008 05:57 PM

Why digging up old threads ?

actually guys theres a whole “suggestions” topic at the main forum page, maybe thats where ya want to post some of this stuff

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:23 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-26

@ Purjewl
It works fine for me,forum discussion link goes to its respective forum.
And as for the diging up old threads,well its pretty much dug up now.

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:59 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah but this thread is ok i think.We have just joined so all these forums options are still new to us & are still valid like the sticky threads which can be dugged anytime to add your opinions about the subject.

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:58 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Hai Andru, please help me.

I am having some problems like, when I am opening News section, I am able to see the titles, but when i am opening to read the threads , it is displaying a message that you don’t have rights to view this, please help me and i am having one more problem ,
I actually sent two private messages to you, I don’t know whether you received it or nor, when I sent private messages to you, mysent items is displaying that i sent 0 messages and also it is displaying that you have used 0% of 100% of you mails or something.

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:40 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2008-05-31
Purjewl - 31 May 2008 01:55 PM

The new version of FireFox 3 RC has built in spell checking. It really comes in handy and it seams this site works better in Firefox all around.

Posted: 03 June 2008 07:07 AM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-26

Firefox 2 also has spell check as far as i know.Site looks the same to me in Opera as well.There’s nothing special in firefox in this context.

Posted: 05 May 2010 12:38 AM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-04-01

hello sir,

After getting everything loaded, I of course moved my Documents, Pictures and Music locations to where theyre all stored on WHS - just as I did with my XP setup previously.  I then spent the next hour trying to find where Vista decided to hide the Offline Files settings only to finally realize this feature isnt available in the “Home” editions.

Posted: 26 May 2010 10:52 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-05-25

I am sanjeev. I am a technical Analyst.  I like to read a lot. Play a crucial role in today?s economy; they are the key contributors towards a country?s GDP growth. India in the last decade has established itself as a powerful economy and it is growing at a healthy rate. One of the key constituents of India?s robust economy is its stock market.

http://www.sharetipsexpert.com

Posted: 10 June 2010 04:04 AM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-06-10

I have subscribed this thread for further referance.

Regards

Hope1002

Posted: 08 July 2010 05:43 AM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-06-27

Welcome to the SPARK Forum on Robotics at the Middle School Level!  This forum is intended for comments and questions on robotics education with a focus on ??????
middle school students.  Feel free to post questions, links to teaching materials, and comments on your experiences working with robots and middle school students.  Perspectives on both in-school and out-of-school learning are welcome. Welcome to the SPARK Forum on Robotics at the Middle Sch ???????
ool Level!  This forum is intended for comments and questions on robotics education with a focus on middle school students.  Feel free to post questions, links to teaching materials, and comments on your experiences working with robots and middle school students.  Perspectives on both in-school and out-of-school learning are welcome. Welcome to the SPARK Forum on Robotics at the Middle School Level!  This forum is intended for comments ??????
and questions on robotics education with a focus on middle school students.  Feel free to post questions, links to teaching materials, and comments on your experiences working with robots and middle school students.  Perspectives on both in-school and out-of-school learning are welcome.

Posted: 23 July 2010 05:15 AM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-07-11

I am using firefox but my spell hecker isnt on,ii dont know whats reason?