How to Play DVD on Wii?
Posted: 05 January 2009 02:42 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-01-05

So you want to play DVDs on your Wii?

Want to watch your favorite DVD movie or television show on your Wii? It seems really difficult for most people. Thanks for hombrewer, everything becomes easy. Here we will show you two methods to play DVDS on Wii.

Method 1: Using the Homebrew Channel to Play DVD on Wii
Method 2: Using the DVD to Wii Converter to Play DVD on Wii

Method 1: Using the Homebrew Channel to Play DVD on Wii

Carrying on the rich hacker tradition of picking up the slack for companies that are unwilling or unable to provide the functionality users need, a team of Wii coders have given the console what Nintendo could not: DVD playback. By installing a small, hidden channel on a system, this package blesses the console with a libdi file (DVD access library), and allows you to watch your favorite videos with the MPlayer application, an open source media player.

The actual process is so simple ? It’s a matter of downloading a small file, a homebrew video player, copying them to an SD card, and using the Homebrew Channel to apply a two-second patch. Keep reading after the break for our full impressions. Check Step-by-step gallery at below:
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/photos/guide-to-watching-dvds-on-wii/

Once it’s up-and-running, you can pop into the Mplayer app from the Homebrew Channel, put any video DVD in the drive, and voila ? you’re watching a DVD on a game console. Crazy, huh?

Attention:
There is a risk that brick your Wii if you do something wrong.

Method 2: Using the DVD to Wii Converter to Play Converted DVD on Wii

Right, the Method 1 seems to be perfect. However, it?s still difficult for many people and exist risks to damage your Wii. So are there any easier and safer methods to do that? Thanks for the effort of Wii?s third part app developer, watching DVD on Nintendo Wii become much simpler and safer. All you need is a DVD to Wii Converter and a SD card.

Here below, I will take a third part app developer for Wii named Wondershare DVD to Wii Converter as example, and show you step-by-step guides ? how to watch DVD on your Wii.

Step 1: Download Wondershare DVD to Wii Converter ? Which can rip any DVD (including protected DVD) to Wii supported format such as AVI.

Step 2: Convert DVD to Wii supported format
The conversion is easy to handle, just with a few clicks. It may take you half an hour for a full DVD with lossless output quality.

Step 3: Copy the converted DVD to your SD Card

Step 4: Play the converted DVD on your Wii with the SD Card

Plug in the SD card to your Wii, then put your foot up on the desk and enjoy your converted DVD on Wii.

Compared with the two methods, the first one can play DVD on Wii directly, but it need over 10 steps to finish the task and need some assistant hardware, further more it exist risk to brick the Wii. The second one also has its disadvantage - Not play DVD on Wii directly, but play converted DVD on Wii. Anyway, it seems much easier and safer.

Posted: 25 February 2009 06:34 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-12-06

Thanks for this info , there is little info about wii convter, this is very useful info for the wii user.

Posted: 08 April 2009 12:41 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-04-08

learn more. thanks. More detailed informatin is preferred. Thanks.

Posted: 29 April 2009 11:29 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2009-04-14

Hello
Thank U for Ur information. Its very helpful topic. I like ur article. tnx again.

Posted: 01 July 2009 05:15 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2009-06-04

Try MP4-Converter: http://mp4-converter.info/
MP4-Converter is the next generation easy-to-use software that converts just about any video and audio file that can be played on your computer.
Extremely fast conversion speed and simple user interface

Posted: 31 July 2009 04:12 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2009-07-31

It’s a good software! The interface is very beautiful!

Posted: 27 August 2009 07:31 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2008-06-18

Thanks for this guide.  I was really angry when I found out that I couldn’t play DVDs on my Wii when i tried it one day.

Posted: 28 August 2009 12:16 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2009-08-20

You may need a free video converter.  WinX Video Converter, 100% free video converting software is a great choice.  You can get more information here: http://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/

Posted: 22 October 2009 02:34 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
N00b
Joined  2009-10-22

A lot of children have a Wii in their play rooms. Having a Wii that plays DVD’s would cut down on the amount of devices that you need to work with in the room.
Besides the fact that I haven’t heard of a good Wii game for a while (maybe that E3 sequence knocked me into amnesia repeatedly), the main reason would be because people love getting more bang for their buck.

Posted: 16 December 2009 07:02 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-12-16

Hi..
  I have read the post which you have share and the information which you share regarding the DVD on Wii then i have gone through it first time and its really good information which you have share….
Thanks

Posted: 02 January 2010 04:06 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2009-05-16

I didn’t realize that there was a process to play DVDs on your Wii.

Posted: 10 February 2010 10:22 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
N00b
Joined  2010-02-10
denishroyee - 16 December 2009 11:02 AM

Hi..
  I have read the post which you have share and the information which you share regarding the DVD on Wii then i have gone through it first time and its really good information which you have share….
Thanks

yeah same experience that i had here. 😊

Posted: 19 February 2010 09:37 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-02-19

Hi..
  I have gone through it and the experience to read it and used it that’s really good and i like it…

Posted: 17 May 2010 09:32 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2009-08-31

main reason would be because people love getting more bang for their buck,regarding the DVD on Wii then i have gone through it first time

Posted: 05 October 2010 01:57 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-10-05

The best, cheapest and safest way to play DVDs, the Wii is to use the Wii homebrew applications. In this way you can prevent damage to the console, and you spend a lot of money too.

Posted: 26 October 2010 02:34 AM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2010-10-26

I have not heard a good Wii game for a while (perhaps the sequence E3 beat me into oblivion again and again), is the main reason, because people like to get more for their money.

Posted: 01 November 2010 01:11 AM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2010-10-31

It is probably easier to burn a DVD and play that way. I have never heard of someone playing a Wii game from a USB, but you may be. Try using the search function in the header at the top of the forum. Search modded Wii or Wii, etc.

Posted: 01 February 2013 01:59 AM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
N00b
Joined  2011-09-01

You can rip and decrypted the dvd movies into an avi format then put it onto Wii for playback.

http://www.ilikemall.com/convert/rip-dvd-to-avi-mac.html

The program comes with devices presets when converting videos.

Posted: 04 September 2013 06:44 AM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
N00b
Joined  2013-09-04

Many dvd ripper and converter software can fix the problem. have a view at the detailed guide of converting DVD/.VOB to mov for replay from http://www.ivideotool.com/how-to/convert-vob-to-mov-mac.html