I’d Much Rather Have Donte Stallworth In The NFL Than Michael Vick
Posted: 18 June 2009 08:30 PM     [ Ignore ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2006-04-06

Considering the indefinite suspension leveled on former NFL superstar QB Michael Vick for dogfighting and killing dogs, Goodell had to come down harshly on Stallworth who actually took a human life, however, by accident.  Stallworth acted stupidly and he knew it and knows it now.  There has been nothing but remorse on Stallworth’s part, even agreeing quickly with the deceased’s family on financial compensation, although, all the money in the world cannot replace Mr. Reyes.  From the beginning, Stallworth has been cooperative with law enforcement.  On the other hand, Vick tried to keep his illegal doings on the down low and has shown remorse only insomuch as to be able to get back on the football field.

Posted: 22 June 2009 01:23 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2008-05-23

I think Vick has paid his dues. He spent two years in prison and is still on house arrest. If Goodell reinstates him and a team is willing to pick him up then let him play. Vick enabled dog fighting yes, but Stallworth killed a person. Accidental it may have been, but he was drunk and shouldn’t have been driving in the first place. They both acted stupidly, and they both deserve whatever happens to them. If they are both lucky, then they will both still have an NFL career somewhere.