What is your least favorite food item?
Posted: 03 June 2008 12:59 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

Is there anything that you see, and just completely turns you off from food?  Mine would probably be brussel sprouts—they’re just flavorless in my opinion, and take forever to eat, so its like it is dragging on the painful experience!

Posted: 04 June 2008 09:00 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

liver i absolutely hate liver. you couldnt pay me enough to eat liver, it stinks and i cant stand the taste of it. My mom would have it every so often and make me eat it, and that made me hate it even more, but now i dont have to worry about it now that i am on my own…yay!

Posted: 01 July 2008 05:02 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Wow, I would have to say lamb. Oh my goodness, I can definitely eat it if it’s loaded with gravy or ketchup, but when my family makes it, it is the most dry food ever, haha. :lol: I always have to have something to wash it down or something because it is quite, very dry.

Posted: 27 December 2008 05:20 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-12-24

Lentil Soup

* 2 Tbs olive oil
  * 2 medium onions, chopped
  * 4 cloves garlic, chopped
  * 1 bay leaf
  * 2 stalks of celery, chopped 2 cups dried lentils
  * 2 carrots, chopped
  * 8 cups of water
  * 1 small can tomato paste
  * 4 cups shredded spinach
  * Salt and white pepper to taste
  * 3 Tbs lemon juice

Heat oil in a large saucepan and saut onion until soft. Add remaining ingredients except spinach and lemon juice. Mix well. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer 1 hour. Add spinach, salt, and pepper, and cook 10 more minutes. Stir in lemon juice and serve.
——————-
Gourmet Sea salt  |Italian Olive Oil

Posted: 22 April 2009 05:53 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-04-22

For me, it would be the pepper. I never wanted such spicy foods, I don’t eat them. So if you want to be selfish with your foods to me just put some pepper to them and I’ll surely not bother you for a bite.

Posted: 16 August 2009 11:50 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2009-08-16

okra.

YUUCCK.

Posted: 18 August 2010 12:47 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-08-18

Avocado is the best!

Avocado is derived from the Aztec word “ahuacatl” but is also known as the Alligator Pear for its shape and leathery skin. Most important, it contains the cholesterol-lowering fat, oleic acid, lots of potassium and beta-carotene.

Potassium abounds in avocados. Because potassium helps your heart squeeze blood through your body thousands of times a day, the USDA states: “Diets containing foods that are good sources of potassium and low in sodium may reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.” Reach for your avocado! One cup has about 25% of your daily potassium.

Posted: 10 September 2010 05:40 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2010-09-03

Ya, that is right, Avocado is the best for our health becasue It protects cholesterol related heart diseases, improves the ability of the body to absorb carotenoids. It also used in the treatment of skin disorders.

Posted: 08 February 2011 11:23 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-02-08

Corn bread is one of my favorite foods.Too often it is too dry or too sweet. But the All Star Sandwich Bar in Inman Square makes perfect, just the right balance between good moisture, a touch of sweetness and a wonderful corn flavor.

‹‹ Cafeteria Food?      Least and Fave Fast Food ››