XP Gone For Good?
Posted: 29 June 2008 01:01 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Windows xp is no longer gonna be available after June 30, 2008. But I read that if a computer store still has copies of XP, or machines with XP installed they can still sell them as long as they please. Computer companies like Dell and HP will send you a disc of windows xp if you are not happy with Vista and want to go back to XP. All you have to do is call them up. And you can do this after the June 30th deadline.

I think people will take advantage of this, for those who are not happy with vista they will want to go back to xp. Alot of people are more happier with xp, my mom has vista and so far has had no problems with it, but she dont get on it ofter either maybe this makes the difference. I think its cool that these companies are doing this at least it gives the customer the choice if the want Vista or not and not just forcing it on them.

Posted: 29 June 2008 03:01 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

That makes sense, Microsoft wants more people to start using their newer operating system, Windows Vista instead of Windows XP.  Once Windows XP is no longer available, I believe that people will start downloading pirated versions of XP just because their systems do not have the right specs for Windows Vista.  Windows Vista really demands a lot of resources.  Windows Vista will definitely improve with the launch of Windows 7 near the end of next year.  I think hardware prices are also going down so people will be able to get a computer or upgrade their memory to support it.

Posted: 29 June 2008 04:55 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

Yeah thats what I thought to that they offered that so that people would try Vista and try to get it out there. No one should really download pirated versions of any windows, you cant download the updates and since you cant do that you are open to all kinds of different viruses. I know there are people out there that are gonna do it anyway but its not a smart move. Not only that its illegal.

Posted: 29 June 2008 04:59 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah but there is still going to be those that are going to refuse to move to Vista or Windows 7 when it does launch.

Posted: 29 June 2008 05:16 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

i wonder if some of the software companies will make patches for their xp only software.  I really hope so.

Posted: 29 June 2008 05:37 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

I dont know about patches. I know there are gonna be those who refuse to move to vista or windows 7, thats why they left the option of the cd for those who want xp, they are just trying to get people to at least try it is what they are doing doesnt mean you have to keep it. I have xp and like it and dont see a reason for me to change. My mom has vista and no problems with it so far. But I think that windows 7 might actually go somewhere if they work really hard on it and get it right, I liked the review on it so far.

Posted: 02 July 2008 05:22 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I can’t believe that Windows XP is almost “gone” for good, it seems like only a few months ago that it was released, haha. I mean, the pace that some of the technology is going is so crazy and pretty soon, Windows Vista will be gone. I do like Windows XP a lot though, it was a huge upgrade from Windows 98, that’s for sure. It’s going to be exciting to see what the next few years will bring in the world of technology.

Posted: 02 July 2008 07:44 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-19

It doesnt seem that long ago when it was released but its been awhile. I like windows xp and will continue to use it. My mom has vista and has informed me today that she has a virus or something in it and how I have no clue she dont get on it much, so I will have my work cut out for me tomorrow. I am hoping its a false positive. Although Windows 7 does look promising I wonder if it will be and even though xp will be gone, not many people are gonna buy vista so I think they should of kept xp until windows 7 came out. Just my opinion though.