Gear Live redesign…
Posted: 26 June 2008 11:07 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

No one has mentioned it yet!  :red:

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:10 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

It looks good…doesn’t seem to be as cluttered.

Posted: 26 June 2008 11:36 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I had noticed that the articles on the gearlive home page were more to the left. I thought that maybe the site was going wacky or something, I know my points do sometimes, so thats why I thought that, but thats the only thing I have noticed so far? Was there anything else? Leave it to me to not really pay attetion to much, just draw me a picture..lol.

Posted: 26 June 2008 04:28 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I saw this on your Twitter just now! I haven’t had the chance to get on my computer these past few days because I’m studying like crazy for my exams. Of course, my last exam is on Monday, haha, so I probably won’t be around on Gear Live much. The new design is nice, I like it better than the old version. The reason is that it is a bit wider, which I do like rather than the narrow column before. Great redesign and I like how it’s just so simple and not that noticeable. Gear Live didn’t change dramatically with this redesign and after browsing around for a couple of minutes, it’s a fantastic redesign…not much change, which I like.

Posted: 26 June 2008 07:26 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

The redesign is good, dial-up users should be very happy about it!  It loads noticeably faster for me now.  Andru, I would just like to point out a couple things.  If you scroll down on the bottom you’ll see a section that says “Site Links”.  I’ve tried all these links but they don’t work!  Either remove those links or get rid of them, because as of now they serve no purpose because they don’t link to any page.  Also that favorites icon, you know that GL Icon you see when you come on the forums?  That Favorites Icon should also be added to the main GearLive.com website so the icon shows up when we bookmark the Gear Live homepage. 

Some time in the future I would like to see a whole new web 2.0 type of design on Gear Live.  The current design is too cluttered and there are too many things on the homepage.  We should have an option to choose how many stories are displayed on the home page.

Posted: 27 June 2008 01:35 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

WOO!! got my internet back :D
I noticed a difference, but i thought my page just wasnt loading everything