Are the Mariners the worst team in Baseball?
Posted: 17 June 2008 12:34 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2008-05-23

The title says it all. I think they are. If they’re not then they should be. I live in Washington and not too far from Seattle. I just went to my first Mariner game in years and it just looked like they weren’t even trying. It was very disappointing. Let me know what you all think.

Posted: 17 June 2008 07:47 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

Well, they do have the worst record in baseball (24-46) and they definitely should be playing a lot better than they are.  The Kansas City Royals and the Washington Nationals are also really bad teams—Washington just built their new stadium not that long ago and they are having huge problems filling it!  I don’t know what attendance is like in Seattle though, the only games I have attended in person are Indians games (which they’re having some problems this year, but hopefully they will turn it around soon)

Posted: 18 June 2008 06:47 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2008-05-23

The attendance at the game was horrible. I don’t think there was more than a 1000 people there. It really is unfortunate. I almost understand why they don’t try with no fan support. Of the course the flipside there is that if the team would turn it around, they would get some fan support.

Posted: 21 June 2008 06:49 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31
uglyfido - 18 June 2008 09:47 PM

The attendance at the game was horrible. I don’t think there was more than a 1000 people there. It really is unfortunate. I almost understand why they don’t try with no fan support. Of the course the flipside there is that if the team would turn it around, they would get some fan support.

Well now would be a great time to buy season tickets!  They are bound to rebound sometime in the future, and when they get really hot and gain that fan support, you could be the envy of all your friends, or you could sell the tickets for a lot of money 😊