Thinking of filing patent for this. What do you think?
Posted: 13 June 2008 05:32 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

First, I was wondering whether there is an age restriction on filing a patent? Because I’m kind of only 13 years old, but don’t want anyone to steal my idea or put it on the consumer market before me 😊. Also, I was wondering what you guys think of my idea and I was thinking about filing a patent for it.

My idea is that there should be a touchscreen numerical keypad on the center of the laptop casing, usually where the logo would go for most situations. When someone would close their laptop, it will automatically be locked (unless specified in software). Then, to access your laptop you must enter a user-specified pin anywhere from 4-12 digits. Then, once the code is typed in, the laptop will be unlocked and the user may specify in the software whether they would like to automatically be in windows when they open their laptop or whether they want to be directed to the log-on screen.

What do you guys think, I might save the idea for the future or might submit it into companies. Give me all your thoughts and advice, anything is helpful.

Posted: 14 June 2008 09:55 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

that sounds like a great idea!
id go for it

Posted: 14 June 2008 11:15 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2008-05-23

It sure can’t hurt, and there is no age limit for patents.

Posted: 14 June 2008 08:24 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

UPDATE:  POST DELETED

‹‹ 32GB iPhone?      Happy Fathers Day ››