‹ First  < 3 4 5
5 of 5
HP HDX Dragon giveaway details - 31 Days of the Dragon
Posted: 01 June 2008 03:09 PM   [ # 101 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

So just to clarify, is the person with the most amount of points at the end of the week the person who will win the HP HDX Dragon, or is there some other element of the competition that I am missing?  Thanks!

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:13 PM   [ # 102 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Yes as per the video by Andru that should be the judging criteria to pick an winner but nobody will know how much points others have untill the contest ends.

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:17 PM   [ # 103 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I just asked a question regarding what happens if everyone is really close in the end…like if the winner wins by 5 points. I’m happy that the complete contest details have been posted up though! 😊

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:39 PM   [ # 104 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30
BuckeyeFanatic25 - 01 June 2008 06:09 PM

So just to clarify, is the person with the most amount of points at the end of the week the person who will win the HP HDX Dragon, or is there some other element of the competition that I am missing?  Thanks!

According to the rules that were recently posted, the person with the most points will be the winner.  But if that person has a lot of spam posts or posts that were obviously made just to increase their points and not contribute to the discussion, then they will be disqualified!

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:02 PM   [ # 105 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-06-01
jess1ca - 01 June 2008 06:17 PM

I just asked a question regarding what happens if everyone is really close in the end…like if the winner wins by 5 points. I’m happy that the complete contest details have been posted up though! 😊

If the winner won by 5 points, they the winner would be VERY happy and the 2nd place guy/gal would be a little bitter.  But a win is a win.. Even if its a point or a few 100 points 😊

Good luck all.

Posted: 02 June 2008 01:20 AM   [ # 106 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

Yes! The points list has been revealed! :D

The thing is, I’m not notcing my points go up when I comment on the gallery. Actually, my points drop to 10 after I’ve commented on a gallery image. o.O

- BoogerJay

Posted: 02 June 2008 03:25 AM   [ # 107 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah i’m not seeing any benefit yet too.Though we now which point is for what but only posting comments/threads are giving us points.i think, there’s a bug & will hope they will solve it soon. 😊

Posted: 02 June 2008 04:15 PM   [ # 108 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

Does anyone happen to know the time and date when this contest will actually be ending? I know I’ve asked this a couple of times, but maybe Andru will stumble across this and answer. 😉

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:50 PM   [ # 109 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

What if that person in theory were an old member with 13000 posts but used to be quite a contributor to the site who is now totally in University and needs a laptop bad 😛.
Hehe anyways check out my CD Reviews for any of your Electronica Lovers!

Posted: 03 June 2008 11:01 AM   [ # 110 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-05-28

To Gohan..i just litterally lol..

this contest seem unfair,i am really jealous of the people who does not seem to have any work at all maybe they are just kids…
i have to work thou thats why i am feeling a bit bitter right now sorry…

Posted: 03 June 2008 11:26 AM   [ # 111 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
ninxx - 03 June 2008 02:01 PM

To Gohan..i just litterally lol..

this contest seem unfair,i am really jealous of the people who does not seem to have any work at all maybe they are just kids…
i have to work thou thats why i am feeling a bit bitter right now sorry…

I have to work too and I have been trying nonstop whenever I am off work to respond to these threads without spamming, but I am having real difficulty keeping up.  I am starting to fall really behind, and I am typing this actually while I am on my lunch break.  Once I get off my lunch break, I won’t be home until a lot later and I will have fallen even more behind :(

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:23 PM   [ # 112 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23
jess1ca - 02 June 2008 07:15 PM

Does anyone happen to know the time and date when this contest will actually be ending? I know I’ve asked this a couple of times, but maybe Andru will stumble across this and answer. 😉

Okay, I’m bring up this thread and I’m quoting my previous post because I know Andru is online right now! 😊 I think we are all curious to know the answer to my question.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:32 PM   [ # 113 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-05-31

Jessica according to the rules this contest ends June 7th.  Now whether they decide to end it at noon or say before the day begins who knows.  I do know I have no chance of even coming close of winning because there’s so many people who do not work and all they do is reply to everything just to rack up points which to me is not fair.  Well I guess tonight I will stay up late as well as tomorrow night and reply to every thing and see where it gets me for points.  That’s about the only way I can win.  But I have to admit I do like this site the best and not because of what they are giving away but the resources are very good on this site.

Thanks Gear Live

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:39 PM   [ # 114 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2008-05-31
marialli - 04 June 2008 06:32 PM

Jessica according to the rules this contest ends June 7th.  Now whether they decide to end it at noon or say before the day begins who knows.  I do know I have no chance of even coming close of winning because there’s so many people who do not work and all they do is reply to everything just to rack up points which to me is not fair.  Well I guess tonight I will stay up late as well as tomorrow night and reply to every thing and see where it gets me for points.  That’s about the only way I can win.  But I have to admit I do like this site the best and not because of what they are giving away but the resources are very good on this site.

Thanks Gear Live

I understand you. I think they should’ve made a limit on how many times you post per day. I only have, what, like 460 posts right now. Try to compare that with people over 600 posts. I think I’m doing pretty good though. And marialli, be cautious and make sure your posts make at least more than 4 words.

Posted: 04 June 2008 04:41 PM   [ # 115 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-05-31

Shady Freak thank you I am not going to spam and answer everything on this web site.  My gosh I would never get sleep and let me tell you when you have to work with 12 and 13 year olds all day you need your rest.  I just feel that Gear Live should take in some consideration that most people do work and for the ones who are spamming it is just not fair.  That’s all don’t want to get anyone upset just stating my feelings.

Posted: 04 June 2008 04:59 PM   [ # 116 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23
marialli - 04 June 2008 07:41 PM

Shady Freak thank you I am not going to spam and answer everything on this web site.  My gosh I would never get sleep and let me tell you when you have to work with 12 and 13 year olds all day you need your rest.  I just feel that Gear Live should take in some consideration that most people do work and for the ones who are spamming it is just not fair.  That’s all don’t want to get anyone upset just stating my feelings.

I agree with you marialli, I have started to get quite tired and bored of some of the new threads/topics. Some of the questions are just plain weird and not interesting and I don’t want to waste my time answering them. Will I have the highest points total? Probably not, but it’s not really engaging when some of the threads/topics just don’t interest many people. I would rather be outside jogging or doing something else. I would rather respond in a nice and informative topic and voice my thoughts/opinions. I respect your posts and I hope to see you around Gear Live Forums, marialli.

Posted: 04 June 2008 05:33 PM   [ # 117 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

its not gonna matter about the points, he is gonna see the quality of the posts and how hard someone has actually tried.

Posted: 06 June 2008 07:28 PM   [ # 118 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

I am going to bring up this thread because as this contest/giveaway is nearing the end, I would like to say a couple of things. I want to, first of all, thank the Gear Live team for having such a unique and fantastic contest idea. Out of all the 31 sites to participate in this giveaway, I believe this contest idea was the neatest because it was in our own control and in our own hands. We post, we comment, we create threads and whoever has the highest points, without spamming, wins. How often do each and every one of us have the opportunity to win a gorgeous prize package just by typing? I do know that there was a lot of spam and this contest probably kept all of you busy with our reports of the spam though, so I just want to say that I think we all appreciate that the spam has begun to clear out. 😉 The bonus points were a fantastic way to make us all aware of what Gear Live has to offer and I have discovered so many different things by looking at them. I love TV Envy and FilmCrunch because the materials on those two sites are what I am interested in and what I love to keep up with. I am most definitely a Gear Live poster/member/reader for life and I am going to stick around to see what Gear Live will do with the point system and what the future holds in store for this site.

Great participation by everyone, I think I have made some nice and fun forum pals and I want to let all of you know that some of the discussions and threads you have started have allowed myself to think about a lot of different things…from “What animal I would want to be in my next lifetime” to “What kind of bean I would want to be” (haha, BuckeyeFanatic25, I still remember that thread)! There can only be one winner for this contest, but I hope to see all of you around the forums or at least, in future contests. In the end, I want to say thank you to you all and I hope to see you guys around on Gear Live.

Posted: 07 June 2008 04:26 AM   [ # 119 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
BuckeyeFanatic25 - 01 June 2008 06:09 PM

I hope it’s me, but if it’s not so, I hope my comrades win this. I’ve been thinkingabout this all night long. This is scary and exciting at the same time. More like a confliction. I have done wrong and I need to release all bad things done and ask for forgiveness. I know you all feel the same way as well. Your stomachs are turning and you feel the pressure. I congratulate all who tried their best.

Posted: 08 June 2008 02:17 PM   [ # 120 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

I would like to thank HP and Buzz Corps for having this contest as well as the admins and Gear Live for administrating it.  It has been a great week getting to know everyone and I have found a truly great community here that I probably would not have discovered otherwise.  Good luck to everyone involved and I look forward to congratulating whoever the winner ends up being!  I also look forward to being an active member well into the future!

Posted: 08 June 2008 03:30 PM   [ # 121 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30
Chrisb - 02 June 2008 02:02 AM

If the winner won by 5 points, they the winner would be VERY happy and the 2nd place guy/gal would be a little bitter.  But a win is a win.. Even if its a point or a few 100 points 😊

Good luck all.

But will andru let us know every ones points, i mean from the first to last, if it happens the second person might get a bit depressed.

Posted: 08 June 2008 03:33 PM   [ # 122 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31
movvadinesh - 08 June 2008 06:30 PM

Good luck all.

But will andru let us know every ones points, i mean from the first to last, if it happens the second person might get a bit depressed.

Definitely a yes. If I was second place by a few points, that would be the worst day of my life, and I’m not kidding. I probably am not going to be surprised at all, since everyone has more posts, but less points or more comments and less posts, and other unknown combinations.

Posted: 10 June 2008 07:59 AM   [ # 123 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30
Shady Freak - 08 June 2008 06:33 PM
movvadinesh - 08 June 2008 06:30 PM

Good luck all.

Definitely a yes. If I was second place by a few points, that would be the worst day of my life, and I’m not kidding. I probably am not going to be surprised at all, since everyone has more posts, but less points or more comments and less posts, and other unknown combinations.

How you found out that you were in second place, was that displayed any where.

‹ First  < 3 4 5
5 of 5