FilmCrunch 064: Blades of Glory Review
Posted: 30 August 2007 04:29 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]Filmcrunch-FilmCrunch064BladesOfGloryReview394.flv[/gearlive]

Veronica Santiago and Niel Estep take a look at Blades of Glory in this episode of FilmCrunch.

Perhaps nowhere in sports is the marriage of athleticism and grace more evident than in the arena of world champion pairs figure skating—the lifts, the jumps, the routines. It’s an elegant world, a rarefied universe, a noble place populated by the crème de la crème of skating elite. Well, it used to be. When the macho, swaggering Chazz Michael Michaels takes to the rink, he is the rock star of the arena, leaving a trail of thrashed ice and shrieking female fans in his wake. The only competitor who can match Michaels’ scores is the driven former child prodigy, Jimmy MacElroy. Spotted as a youth executing triple lutzes on the frozen pond of an orphanage, MacElroy was whisked away to days of endless training, and now stands as the picture of poise, the personification of the highest ideals of the men’s sport. Michaels and MacElroy have met in finals rounds before, but their latest head-to-head at the World Championships—when they tie for first—is more than either one can bear, and their longstanding rivalry erupts into a no-holds-barred fight. The ensuing brawl not only sets fire to the World Championship’s helpless mascot, but lands both athletes in hot water: Chazz and Jimmy are called before the sport’s governing board, stripped of their gold medals and banned from the sport for life. Now, three-and-a-half years later, both men are still trying to find their way in a world without competitive skating. Michaels has devolved into a drunken party machine, skating as a costumed evil wizard in a kiddie ice review, and MacElroy has been banished to the shoe department of a chain sporting goods store. But then, inspiration (in the form of an over-friendly, former stalker of Jimmy’s) strikes, and a loophole emerges. To skate again, all Chazz and Jimmy have to do is set aside their long festering hatred of one another and join forces—as the first male/male figure skating pair to compete in the history of the sport.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 31 May 2008 05:06 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I really didnt like this one, I thought that it was kind of stupid. I didnt think it was as funny as they made it out to be. I couldnt even watch the whole thing I was so bored by it.

Posted: 31 May 2008 08:08 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I watched this movie one Friday night with a bunch of friends when we were really bored… its definitely a movie I would not buy but I thought some parts of it were humorous… but not typically my taste in movies

Posted: 06 June 2008 11:24 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Blades of glory is the most funniest movie tht i saw recently,  the greatest jokes from the movie were from the climax, when they exchange their trick and various position that they do .

Posted: 01 October 2008 02:13 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-10-01

Well movie is quite irksome…few parts are hilarious but no fun like i have gone to PVR with something exciting view in my mind but movie won’t lie on my views…

Posted: 14 November 2008 11:44 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-11-14

It was hit and miss for me.  Will Arnet is great and Jenna Fischer is hot.

Posted: 20 November 2009 11:52 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2009-11-06

This movie is wonderful.

Posted: 08 June 2010 05:58 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-06-08

I watched this movie last Saturday with my friend.we don’t like this.we were really very bored. I also not buy but I thought some parts of it were humorous. but not typically my taste in movies.

Posted: 18 September 2010 04:56 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2010-09-17

Its a comedy sports movie.But i was not that much impressed

Posted: 29 March 2011 06:28 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2011-03-10

Its a good movie…....