Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup this year?
Posted: 31 May 2008 11:52 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup this year? Right now, the Detroit Red Wings are leading the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 in the series. I am totally cheering for the Penguins but I think Detroit will win the Stanley Cup. Why am I cheering for the Penguins? Well, I’m kind of sick of Detroit always winning, haha. I know, what a great reason, huh? 😉

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:33 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Well, it appears that the Wings are leading 3-1 in the series now. :( Oh well, there’s always next year right? Does anyone know when the NHL Draft will be held?

Posted: 02 June 2008 07:56 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

I am totally with you. I was rooting for the Penguins.
They didnt even make it an interesting series. If they go out 4-1 I will be extremely dissapointed.
I was looking very forward to this matchup as both teams seemed to be dominating their way to the top.
I am still utterly dissapointed my Calgary Flames didnt make it past first round. I had my playoff mohawk and everything!

Posted: 02 June 2008 11:09 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07

Is anyone watching this game right now..
Unbelievable. Most exciting game of hockey i’ve watched in a long time.
Minus the 4-3 comeback win from the Flames again San Jose a month ago :(
GO PENGUINS GO!

Edit: PENGUINS WIN!!! WOOOOOO

Posted: 04 June 2008 08:01 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I’m watching game 6 right now and it’s fairly close (Detroit leading 1-0) but it is still early… if the Penguins can by some miracle win, it would definitely be an exciting game 7!  I am rooting for the Penguins to force a game 7 and win the Stanley Cup, but I know the odds are against them, so I am going to say that Detroit wins the Stanley Cup.  Usually I do not follow hockey, but this is the one year that I am

Posted: 04 June 2008 09:52 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Joined  2005-03-07
BuckeyeFanatic25 - 04 June 2008 11:01 PM

I’m watching game 6 right now and it’s fairly close (Detroit leading 1-0) but it is still early… if the Penguins can by some miracle win, it would definitely be an exciting game 7!  I am rooting for the Penguins to force a game 7 and win the Stanley Cup, but I know the odds are against them, so I am going to say that Detroit wins the Stanley Cup.  Usually I do not follow hockey, but this is the one year that I am

What a valliant effort. One of the most exciting games of hockey I have seen.
After Penguins got that 2nd goal with 1 min to go I was excited. And seeing that last chance.. Wow just unbelievable.
Kinda sucks Detroit won on the road. Dont get the fans to cheer for you and what not. Sucks even more losing the cup at home.
Reminds me of 03-04 when the Flames lost Game 6 :(. One of the sadest days of my life. Paid good money to see that game to.