What’s a good camera to use/purchase to take underwater pictures?
Posted: 01 June 2008 10:27 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

What’s a good camera to use/purchase when taking underwater pictures? I’ve seen pictures of images around the web where people are in a swimming pool, a river or a pond and they’re underwater. It is so neat and I’m curious to know what kind/type of camera they are using. Is it a normal digital camera or something?

Posted: 02 June 2008 05:12 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2008-06-01

Depends on what you want to pay. I used a SeaLife Reefmaster, which is a film camera. If I were in the market for something new I would probably go with a digital point and shoot and put it in a underwater enclosure made for it. Then I could use it both under and above the water. I think you can still buy disposable underwater cameras. They were waterproof to 30 feet I believe.

Posted: 02 June 2008 03:38 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

Oh wow, thanks Ibdabloke. I didn’t know about disposable underwater cameras, I’m guessing they work just like normal disposable cameras. Have you shot any underwater pictures?

Posted: 04 June 2008 01:22 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

If you have a Nikon, you’re in luck.

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:36 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-23

Sadly, I don’t, I have a Canon and I’m very sure they don’t take underwater pictures. :lol: I’m still researching around on the internet, so if I do end up finding one and buying one, I’ll keep you all updated. It is something I have been wondering for a while now and I would love to take underwater pictures and put in an album one day in the future.