essentials of a desert island
Posted: 04 June 2008 01:21 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Heres the scenario, your trapped on a raft, floating miles from any civilization. Eventually you wash up on a baron island, with no sign of life. You turn to find your raft has been washed back out to sea.

I want bare essentials, nothing stupid like saying you want your bed, and TV. This is survival!

1. What are your first thoughts/Instincts?
2. What 3 items would you need with you?
3. How long do you think you could last?

Heres my answer:

1. I would scream, scream with all my might to try and see if there was in fact any civilization around. Then, i would begin to search my surroundings, maybe get a little bit of a camp set up for the night. Maybe hunt for some form of food.

2. A machete, for the obviuous scavanging, and the general use such as food and camp.

A sleeping bag, for comfort and protection from the outside enviroment at night.

A Lighter, For starting fires, melting down plastic etc.

3.I htink i could last long-ish, depending on my surrounding enviroment, things could be shorter or longer, but i would say my survival and hunting skills need improvement at best.

Posted: 04 June 2008 01:58 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

My first thoughts would be kind of sadness and wondering why on earth I was on a raft in the first place, haha. I would be kind of bummed out and kind of freaked out because I would be all alone. I think for sure, I would need some matches, maybe a duffel bag full of stuff like knives, clothing, more matches and some book on how to survive in the wilderness. I think I would last probably a week or so to be honest. I know nothing about starting fires or living alone with nothing and being stuck on an island. Hopefully I would pass away really quickly or a search team will find me.

Posted: 04 June 2008 02:37 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Thats why i dont prefer to be on deserts