All new Rapidshare is coming soon
Posted: 03 June 2008 05:13 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-02

Here’s what they say -
“We are going to launch our new website soon. We have changed our design and improved the usability.”

Read More

Posted: 03 June 2008 05:17 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Hmm, thanks for the information Shailendra Doke. Rapidshare is one of the nicest file sharing places, although their security codes have gotten a bit weirder and I know a lot of people are complaining about them. :lol: For people who don’t know, Rapidshare now has security codes where there are cats on the letters/numbers and they ask you which letters/numbers have the cats. However, it is hard to pick out what the cats are and all that. It is one of the nicest and easiest file sharing sites around and I am glad to see that they are planning on updating the site.

Posted: 03 June 2008 06:48 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2008-06-02

How about removing the wait time between each download? That would be nice…..

Posted: 03 June 2008 06:54 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

I never liked Rapidshare, i mainly use filedropper.com 5GB file upload per file, also box.net is a great filehosting site. if you still don’t like any of those, try Skydrive from Windows Live. http://www.skydrive.windowslive.com 5GB of storage with every @hotmail @msn @live account and 50mb max. per file upload.

Posted: 03 June 2008 07:04 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2008-06-02

Yeah, but can you download other user’s files with Skydrive?

Posted: 03 June 2008 07:32 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

I also hate rapidshare/megaupload/Megashares etc.Have to wait forever after downloading a file & all those wait time & entering codes.Torrents are much better way of downloading files.

Posted: 04 June 2008 12:08 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

EWWWWW. RapidShare is NOT a nice filesharing site. It’s failing to produce results. Even the happy hours suck, you still have a download limit T___T And the codes are… <_< Bots won’t recognize the CAPTCHA, let alone humans T___T*
MediaFire, now THAT’S talking. Not only do you have unlimited disk space, really fast upload speed (same as your max download speed), no waiting time, resume support, download acceleration support, AND your flies are never deleted. All the features icky RapidShare has AND it’s free AND there’s no extra hassle.
BOXStr is a 5GB free filehosting site that allows you to HOTLINK (yes, you heard right) your files. 1GB of bandwidth daily, which is actually a lot.
There’s also 4Shared but I have yet to try it out. They have Kaspersky scanning though.
ANYTHING even MegaUpload beats RapidShare.

Posted: 04 June 2008 12:57 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

oo I am looking forward to the new redesign!  It was looking sort of outdated anyway—needed a facelift.  I have mixed feelings about Rapidshare.  Perhaps I still like it because it was the first one I discovered, but I know there are other, better sites out there.  One of them being Gigasize.com to send massive files to people.  If its a medium sized file, I will also use Windows Live SkyDrive, or if it is to myself, I will just upload it to my Live Mesh!

@SkyFuser: I HATE those CAPTCHAs as well!  I always mess those up, and then it yells at me for not putting in the right code—I usually cycle through three or four before I get one I can actually read correctly

Posted: 04 June 2008 03:31 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2008-05-31

The new design has already been launched! It is a kind of minimalist look that they have adopted! I love RS and I have been using it since ages. I own a premium account, and thats when you can actually see the power of RS! Whenever I need to share files urgently with friends/family, i just upload and send them a personalized link which they use! The other free services with those captchas and wait times are irritating and usually confusing for new users!