Vista programs
Posted: 03 June 2008 05:23 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I know that when Vista first came out that it wasnt compatible with alot of things. Does anyone know what all it is compatiable with software wise like games and antivirus and such? My mom has a Vista but I dont get on hers much and neither does she. But she pays for antivirus and spyware protection that I think she could save her money if there are free programs out there that she could use.

Posted: 03 June 2008 06:12 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I know what you mean littlebull! When I first got Windows Vista I was curious to know whether my games would work on it, however, a quick Google search told me whether my games were compatible. This is a huge list of what softwares are compatible with Windows Vista:

http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Windows_Vista_Software_Compatibility_List

I know what you mean when you say that there are many freewares on the internet for antivirus or spyware programs, however, some people do like to buy those products and make sure that they truly are protected. 😉 I hope the list will help you and your mother out, it truly is a huge list. :lol:

Posted: 03 June 2008 07:38 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

I’m using Vista X64 from quite some time & am very satisfied so far.I’m yet to find a program that’s not compatible with Vista.Yes compatibility was an issue but most of them has been corrected in the SP1.Also you can run a program which isn’t Vista compatible by changing the application’s compatibility mode to Win XP .

Posted: 03 June 2008 09:34 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

Well, about all software that works on XP works with Vista. Unless a Driver for XP is required. Antivirus programs that has constant update like AVG, would support Vista.

Posted: 03 June 2008 11:08 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-01

Yup that’s definetely true ‘tsunzilla’, I’m currently also a newbie of Vista users but to be sure that I don’t face much trouble in migrating my old XP system except for some old programs (softwares) and drivers that don’t work (incompatible) with vista. The first release of Vista (pre SP1) would be essentialy trouble me with some annoying pops up coming around all the way, but since i’ve made an update into SP1; my Vista performances for overall works more stable than before. I’m currently also using AVG 8.0 from Grisoft and its 100% compatible with Vista. But to make sure there are no conflict or future troubles I’m encouraging you to install any uodates availiable from Microsoft websites including SP1 before installing this Antivirus. (note that: the free version of AVg 8.0 are also compatible with Vista)

Posted: 04 June 2008 02:18 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I will tell my mom about avg compatiable with vista she pays for her antivirus and could save her some money. when they first came out you had to buy antivirus for them but now they have updating everything thats nice