Time Warner Cable looks to bring internet content to TVs
Posted: 01 June 2008 12:38 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

Time Warner Cable looks to bring internet content to TVs

http://www.engadget.com/2008/05/30/time-warner-cable-looks-to-bring-internet-content-to-tvs/

I saw this over at Engadget and I thought it was interesting to see what your thoughts are about it. Time Warner Cable is something a lot of people think of when they think of TV and if they were to bring internet content to TVs, it should be interesting to see what the public thinks about it. I believe a lot of people will be thinking “Yay!” while others won’t really care too much about internet on TV. I know some, it’s the other way around and they can easily watch TV on the internet.

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:44 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

I’ve got something vaguely similar to this already through my cable provider.  I go into their VOD service once a month, order the $0.00 “Best of the Web” and watch the beat rated online videos (from youTube, Break, College Humour, etc.) for a good half hour or so.  Not exactly what they seem to be talking about here, but from what I can gather, I’d be better off just surfing the web with a HTPC hooked up to my TV.

Posted: 02 June 2008 01:54 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I dont care that they are bringing internet stuff to tv, but are we the consumers gonna have to pay for it? I mean if we are already paying for internet and can access the stuff for nothing then why would I want to pay for it for tv, that and I already pay for the internet access. Some of those videos they have on those sites are entertaining dont get me wrong I just dont want to pay for something that I am already paying for.

Posted: 02 June 2008 02:16 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

It’ll probably end up being an option you can get if you, for some reason, want it.  I can;t see a major corporation not making extra money when they can.