Bleeding Edge TV 264: Installing a hard drive in a Mac Pro
Posted: 22 May 2008 03:36 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]http://blip.tv/file/get/Bleedingedge-BleedingEdgeTV264MacProHDDUpgrade915.flv[/gearlive]

What we like about the Mac Pro is that designed it in such a way that it is super simple to upgrade - especially as it pertains to hard drives. In this episode, we show you how easy it is to add a new hard drive to your Mac Pro in under five minutes!

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:16 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-05-31

Though i have not used mac’s but still from video its looks quite easy. You do a good job on those videos Andru. I have been seeing mac’s on review sites. and internet but didn’t have much money to buy a pc. The LOok of mac has always been awesome as compared to other similar ranging systems. But its more of a artist favouring device in my opinion than a gaming system. Though its powerful but its not as largely supported for a simple reason running on macintosh. But what M i talking. Gone were the days when people used to buy windows based system and used to neglect macs and linux. NOw the trends are changing , with internet at its heights people have started to now about different systems and devices. Use of linux. macintosh have increased over past 6 years. I hope it goes that well and This mac pro increases its sells.

Thought I m a goner in macs but i have always liked the interface of macs. it has always been better than windows systems. And right it is, It was an apple computer that was the first device i used way back in 1992 when computer meant a special things kept in an AC room, used to run with a floppy and has a keyboard and a simple ball mouse. the old apples, i can’t forget my Class 3rd(grade 3rd) when i used them . From that time macs and apple has come a lot way ahead making things big and interesting and powerful. I would try mac pro atleast ones.

Posted: 01 June 2008 08:08 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Yeah you do do a good job on the videos. That did look quite easy to do. I dont suppose you would ever do a video on putting a hard in a regular computer or replacing one? I would love to learn how interchange all the parts in a computer, I love to learn things like that!!

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:59 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-06-01

Great Job at the videos!  And great job to Nate at recording.  I was actually a little surprized to see how effortless it was to install the HDD.. I mean I thought you’d have to AT LEAST connect one cable, but nope.. just slide in.. screw in a few screws and you are done.  Awesome.

Posted: 02 June 2008 01:22 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

Another great video! The amount of effort that is needed to install the hard drive was surprising. Even though I don’t own a Mac Pro… it’s still cool! If I ever get a Mac Pro, I’d like to thank you guys for the video. 😛

- BoogerJay

Posted: 02 June 2008 03:10 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

As i said in a thread before, i’ll let my friend Paul know about this.He has a Macbook Pro .Thanks for the nice video. 😊

Posted: 06 June 2008 04:49 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Andru, u made it really simple using a screw driver, a mac pro, hard drive
Upgrading a ram and hard drive as u said is very easy Andru
But i got a little bit confused with the four screws, and thank hp for sponsoring the show, and Andru, i will also keep by box plate open always, coz i ill be removing hard drive always, i think it is a quick tip andru.