Toshiba HD-DVD caused a decline of 95% in profit
Posted: 01 June 2008 09:37 AM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

The high-definition disc format war is over, but the real losers aren?t those who bought HD-DVD movies or players but Toshiba, the company behind the bested standard. The company has announced today that their net profit this past quarter dropped an astonishing 95 percent, thanks to losses prompted by the format pull-out. Overall, net profit scraped in at 1.25 billion yen (US$12 million), versus 26.17 billion yen this time last year.

Toshiba also blamed a drop in the price of flash memory chips for their ailing profits. Revenue overall for the quarter was 3-percent lower than last year, at 2.09 trillion yen (US$20billion). Total profit for the financial year up until the end of March 2008 was 127.4 billion yen (US$1.2billion), a fall of 7 percent.

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:01 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

Is there any real reason you had to make three individual HD DVD threads, other than the obvious extra points you’re scamming because of it?

Of course Toshiba lost money when they abandoned their investment, that’s just how business works.  There’s nothing to discuss here, you’ve basically copy-pasta’d a short news article.

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:04 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2008-06-01

agreed doug tons duplicate topics.

and yes if they didnt lose money from their HD-DVDs then something would be terribly wrong…it couldnt keep up with blu-ray.

Posted: 02 June 2008 08:53 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31
Doug - 02 June 2008 12:01 AM

Is there any real reason you had to make three individual HD DVD threads, other than the obvious extra points you’re scamming because of it?

Of course Toshiba lost money when they abandoned their investment, that’s just how business works.  There’s nothing to discuss here, you’ve basically copy-pasta’d a short news article.

Sorry my friend.i actually had two same kind of threads.other one is just a bit different.I didn’t notice that i’ve posted two similar threads & i actually found after that seeing your post.Thanks for noticing.i didn’t do it on a purpose.If you saw my other threads,you would know that i didn’t repeat anything except than this.I won’t be spamming just for the points.It was purely unintentional.Thank you very much for noticing. 😊

Posted: 02 June 2008 01:27 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01
sushrukh - 02 June 2008 11:53 AM

Sorry my friend.i actually had two same kind of threads.other one is just a bit different.I didn’t notice that i’ve posted two similar threads & i actually found after that seeing your post.Thanks for noticing.i didn’t do it on a purpose.If you saw my other threads,you would know that i didn’t repeat anything except than this.I won’t be spamming just for the points.It was purely unintentional.Thank you very much for noticing. 😊

Just watch out for similar topics you’re posting about.  Generally they’ll fit perfectly in a single thread and make it easier for everyone to keep it all straight, instead of thinking something was posted in one thread when it’s actually in the other or other such mix ups.