WHAT IS THE BEST HDTV AND SURROUND SYSTEM COMBO?
Posted: 31 May 2008 10:53 PM     [ Ignore ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2008-05-31

I am looking to buy a New HDTV and Surround sound system. I have a PS3 for blue-ray and Xbox 360 for HD-DVD’s . SO i would just like a Surround Sound System that sounds good and has DVD 1080P Upscaleing. I was looking at a DLP projection TV but it looks like they are going out of style. I want the best want for my buck and only have under 4,000 dollars to spend on the both. Thanks in Advance. Please dont just tell me what Combos are good. Please give me facts not just opinions. LOL Thanks again.

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:47 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

TV option 1 ($1400):
LCD - 40” 1080p 120Hz LCD - Smooth image.

TV option 2 ($1500):
DLP - 56” 1080p LED DLP - Big, beautiful picture.

Audio option 1 ($800):
HTIB - Decent Home Theater in a Box, but with some major problems with it’s HDMI and upscaling features.

Audio option 2 ($2300):
Recevier - Best receiver I’ve seen to date.
Left/Right Front/Rear Speakers (x2) - Look good, sound good, the price is right.
Center channel - It matches!
Subwoofer - See above.

If I were buying it, I’d take TV 2 and Audio option 2.  It’ll be a little over $4000 when it’s all said and done with, but it’ll be beyond kick ass.

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:30 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2008-05-31

Thanks man. So you dont think DLP is dead? How about comprared to sony’s line of projection tvs?

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:09 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

I think DLP is dying, but for no good reason and very slowly.  DLP picture quality is as good or better than most LCD or plasma TVs out there and much lower in price for a larger screen size.  However, everyone wants the slim form-factor these days so even with DLPs slimming down to about 13” deep it’s still too thick for some reason.  Most people don’t even wall mount their LCD or plasma.  Luckily Samsung and Mitsubishi are keeping DLP alive for now.

Sony projection TVs have a really sharp picture, but they’re over priced and colour reproduction doesn’t match Samsung’s.  Samsung also uses LED backlighting in their newer sets, so it uses less power, the bulb will last several times longer and there’s no rainbow effect because there’s no colour wheel.

Posted: 03 March 2011 05:55 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-10-27

According to me A home-theater-in-a-box system is the cheapest,easiest way to envelop yourself with surround sound.Though the TV is the centerpiece of any home theater,it’s really just a glorified monitor.The real fun comes with picking the video sources that will plug into it.