USB Stick as Credit Card
Posted: 01 June 2008 02:48 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Personally, I hate carrying coins in my pocket, it?s dirty and heavy but it?s inevitable in North America. Errrr?. On the other hand, it?s normal to see a cellphone is being used as credit card to buy stuff in Japan, like the M-Wallet system feature found in Motorola Mobile?s payment system. Over 10 years ago in Hong Kong, its government already launched the Octopus Card where you can buy almost anything using it - even most kids have one.

Lets talk about this USB thingy. In Korea, they have the credit stick. Shinhan Card, Korea?s biggest Bank rolled out Korea?s first ever USB type credit card recently. (It?ll take 10 years to see in North America? joking) Unfortunately, thisUSB media is strictly as credit card system only, it is not a portable storage device. The system sounds really neat to me!

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:55 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Wouldnt have to worry about losing your change out of your pocket, but its almost like having a credit card, so its not to much newer to me anyways. I mean its neat just really not much difference between that and a credit card.

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:26 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01

OOOO… Now that is awesome!

I could just wear it around my neck like I do my Sandisk Cruzer Mini and be able to pay for anything I want w/o having to get my wallet! Now they just have to link all the club cards into that so all you have to do us take it off the lanyard and stick it it. That way you get your discount at the store, and you pay for the object all with one little stick you can wear around your neck.

Also, they could make these with a built-in fingerprint reader so you could never have someone steal your “credit card” and take all your money.

To order online you would…. just plug it into your computer and the site you’re buying from would use flash or something of the sort to recognize the account number and any discount you receive?

There is a lot of potential behind this and I can’t wait to see it take off in the U.S.!

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:32 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31

“Unfortunately, thisUSB media is strictly as credit card system only, it is not a portable storage device” lol i dont know if would want my credit info available right in front of me if it were storage, id srew it up =D

Posted: 01 June 2008 06:27 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Nicely said Shark haha.This is a very interesting concept though but i’m not sure about that if you need a separate adapter to insert it in the ATM machine because in our country’s ATM machine’s card loading slot is a little bigger than this thing.Anyways, looks nice. 😊