‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 > 
4 of 5
HP HDX Dragon giveaway details - 31 Days of the Dragon
Posted: 01 June 2008 12:18 AM   [ # 76 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31

I know I have a long way to go to catch up and sadly I don’t see that happening. I try and get on here as much as I can and post as much as I can but when you have a family its not that easy to do especially with a little one running around thats almost 2.

Posted: 01 June 2008 12:57 AM   [ # 77 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31
SkyFuser - 01 June 2008 03:15 AM

I hope they look at your posts and see if it should count as spam or not… although I don’t hope they delete them that’s bad…

And uhhh jess1ca, no offense but you were one of the people I was talking about 😉 Giveawayoftheday isn’t a contest.

Lol it’s kind of sad. Only the people who registered early today have a slightly higher chance. The rest of the people have about 100 posts to catch up. That’s hard without spamming. But good luck to everyone!! :D

They’d have to go through hundreds of of posts. :(

Does the contest day end on the 6th day, or the 7th? Or has this already been said? I’m useless.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:33 AM   [ # 78 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01

Andru,

As a beginner (young) podcaster, I cannot comprehend how wonderful this opportunity is. I have been a loyal “watcher” of Gear Live for about six months now. I have watched all of the videos you have produced since then and some before that. I have a few words for you and other readers before I start on my venture to win this HUGE prize.

1) Although I know there is a minuscule chance of me winning this PC, I am going to continue being the loyal Gear Live listener/watcher that I have been for the past six months and put all my effort into winning this computer.

2) To all the people out there that are just here for the computer giveaway: Go Away! There are many of us here that are loyal Gear Live listeners/readers who really need and deserve this computer.

3)  To Andru: Thank you for doing your giveaway in a way that will actually give me a chance of winning. In the other giveaways (lockergnome, hardwaregeeks, etc), it is all random. Although sometimes I like that, I much prefer when someone gives me a chance to get return for the amount of effort I put forth.

4) Finally, I will do my best not to spam and/or annoy other Gear Live users during the duration of this contest.

Thank you much for this opportunity!
Brady

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:41 AM   [ # 79 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  197
Joined  2008-05-29

i am very glad that gearlive.com was one of the websites chosen for the contest.  this contest will be very fun and challenging to see how many times a person can post.

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:47 AM   [ # 80 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

Its not really a challenge to see how many times a person can post since some people have either work or school to attend to, or families and others don’t and if they felt like it they could spend all day and all night on here just posting away. So when you look at it like that its not even a challenge anymore. It becomes more of a ‘i hope there is more to it than just posting’

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:04 AM   [ # 81 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  527
Joined  2008-05-31

Official rules please Andru but don’t you think that if he releases which point is for what, the spamming will be increased even more ? i would prefer a leaderboard where we can see daily how many points we all have so that we would know how much we would have to work to achive that goal.

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:25 AM   [ # 82 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 01 June 2008 05:04 AM

Official rules please Andru but don’t you think that if he releases which point is for what, the spamming will be increased even more ? i would prefer a leaderboard where we can see daily how many points we all have so that we would know how much we would have to work to achive that goal.

YOu seems too eager to win this sushrukh. Good Best of luck for the hdx.

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:31 AM   [ # 83 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01
jess1ca - 31 May 2008 05:37 PM
DOOOMKULTUS - 31 May 2008 05:22 PM

The games aren’t much good,neither are the software,Well the machine is Jailbait.
Andru aren’t you allowed to open the box?,would have loved to see it in action.

YouTube has some videos on the Dragon and in my opinion, this one is a must-see:

[youtube]CvSgeHrFZY0[/youtube]

mrbrown of the wtf show reviews the Dragon and it is totally hilarious! 😛 One of the best videos I have ever seen, haha.

I’d have to say the best thing I learned from that video is that it’s got a 7.1 sound card.  That’s insane, and here I am stuck with my crappy Dell with a busted headphone jack that makes terrible buzzing and clicking sounds whenever anything is plugged in.  I’m liking the double hinge, as well, it’s difficult to get a good angle and a comfortable sitting position at the same time with my lappy.

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:46 AM   [ # 84 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30
brown88 - 01 June 2008 04:41 AM

i am very glad that gearlive.com was one of the websites chosen for the contest.  this contest will be very fun and challenging to see how many times a person can post.

This contest is not just about posting but it’s also about contributing to the forums and making quality posts and comments.

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:11 AM   [ # 85 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2008-05-31

It’s a very powerfull notebook like so many others told already. But it’s not just that power that attracks me but also the design and all the extras.
Blue ray, TV antenna, the media controler, 4 speakers with a subwoofer and so on. This is just the best you can get! 😊

@Shan Gee:
You think people are making quality posts? No, there are a lot of spammers and I hate spammers. If a spammer would win this price I would probably kill myself. 😛

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:36 AM   [ # 86 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31
rajiv sharma - 01 June 2008 05:25 AM
sushrukh - 01 June 2008 05:04 AM

YOu seems too eager to win this sushrukh. Good Best of luck for the hdx.

Thanks for the wishing Rajiv.Btw, good to see someone from my country. 😊

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:15 AM   [ # 87 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2008-05-31

I don’t read your post sushrukh but now I did. The leaderboard would be an outstanding idea. Then you can realy feel the competition feeling @ gearlive.com

You have very good ideas sushrukh, post more if you know another genious one. 😛

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:23 AM   [ # 88 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

Yeah, a points leaderboard would be an awesome feature. Unless you don’t want anyone knowing until the contest ends.

It’d be great for me to know where I am in the points labyrinth. 😛

- BoogerJay

Posted: 01 June 2008 06:58 AM   [ # 89 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31

Thanks Larrabee & you know me from some time.I won’t be able to spam even if that is required to win.I’ll just post normally (ok a bit more) & will wait for the official rules if there will be any.Btw those who are thinking that having mac=ximum posts will let you win, you are wrong.As Andru’s video suggests, the person with the maximum points will win & it’s not necessary that to have the max points , you will have to post maximum amount of posts.Anyways, i will do whatever it takes.I’m not going to given up that easily.

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:18 AM   [ # 90 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23
SmileyXX - 01 June 2008 04:47 AM

Its not really a challenge to see how many times a person can post since some people have either work or school to attend to, or families and others don’t and if they felt like it they could spend all day and all night on here just posting away. So when you look at it like that its not even a challenge anymore. It becomes more of a ‘i hope there is more to it than just posting’

I agree, I really hope Gear Live thought about the contest details and that everyone can’t drop everything and just post all day long. That’s why I think the complete contest details will answer a lot of our questions…such as, if someone wins by 10 points, is that reasonable? It’s going to be a long week, all! 😊 Plus, spending so much time on the computer is definitely bad for one’s eyes and body.

Posted: 01 June 2008 07:28 AM   [ # 91 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31
brown88 - 01 June 2008 04:41 AM

O.O So you reveal your true colors!!! XD
Anyways I will post up more suggestions about a leaderboard and other forum conveniences, I hope you take a look since I’m sure all of you will benefit from it, so drop by and support me 😛
But the thing about the leaderboard… I don’t think you should be forced to be put in since not everyone wants to share how much points they have. I’ll address this issue in the suggestions board, so please come look! ^_^

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:05 AM   [ # 92 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24
SmileyXX - 01 June 2008 04:47 AM

I totally agree with you, just like the others. Families always come first, no matter how great the contest or prize is. And it is one heck of a prize! I like the hinged monitor, and the CPU and RAM. compared to my current computer, the dragon is more than 3 times what I have.

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:27 AM   [ # 93 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2008-05-31

I hope this is alright to post about this web site but I wanted to share a web site I heard about that helped me or should I say one of my students the other day.  This web site will translate for you.  What I mean is say you receive a document that you can not view because you do not have the software to view it in.  You would send the file to this web site and shortly later they will send it back in a file you can read.  Like I had a student who sent me an attachment (homework) which our computers could not read so I sent it to this site and asked it to be sent back to me as a html.  The web site is http://www.zamar.com.

I hope this will help anyone that might need it some day.  Have a wonderful Sunday

Posted: 01 June 2008 09:36 AM   [ # 94 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24
marialli - 01 June 2008 12:27 PM

I hope this is alright to post about this web site but I wanted to share a web site I heard about that helped me or should I say one of my students the other day.  This web site will translate for you.  What I mean is say you receive a document that you can not view because you do not have the software to view it in.  You would send the file to this web site and shortly later they will send it back in a file you can read.  Like I had a student who sent me an attachment (homework) which our computers could not read so I sent it to this site and asked it to be sent back to me as a html.  The web site is http://www.zamar.com.

I hope this will help anyone that might need it some day.  Have a wonderful Sunday

If you have links to sights, or something that you can’t find a good topic to post it in, try going to the forum home and submitting it in the lounge. You can post practically anything there, that way it stays on topic. and i think i might check it out. just for kicks.

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:49 AM   [ # 95 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Very powerful notebook and I could really use this notebook. Just everything about it is more then anyone could ever imagine and more. I love the screen on ths baby, and just evrything about it and the software that comes with it is great to. Cant wait to get my hands on this!!

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:41 AM   [ # 96 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]  
I'm A Regular
Joined  2008-05-31
littlebull - 01 June 2008 01:49 PM

Very powerful notebook and I could really use this notebook. Just everything about it is more then anyone could ever imagine and more. I love the screen on ths baby, and just evrything about it and the software that comes with it is great to. Cant wait to get my hands on this!!

So you’r buying one ?  😝

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:40 PM   [ # 97 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2005-09-10

if I had the money I will definitely buy the HDX currently i’m using a dv1000 HP pavilion

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:48 PM   [ # 98 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-31

If I had the money to buy one of those I definitely would and wouldn’t bother wasting my time and everybody else’s time by trying to win one. If you have the money to buy one just go out and buy one give the rest of us that will probably never be able to afford a laptop of that magnitude a chance to win it.

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:52 PM   [ # 99 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2008-05-31
sushrukh - 01 June 2008 02:41 PM
littlebull - 01 June 2008 01:49 PM

So you’r buying one ?  😝

ooh… nice one sushrukh XD

Posted: 01 June 2008 03:05 PM   [ # 100 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

I would love a leader board, then I’d know for certain when I had no chance and could stop wasting time making posts I normally wouldn’t.

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 > 
4 of 5