Bleeding Edge TV: CES 2008: Drobo backup robot
Posted: 30 January 2008 02:19 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]http://blip.tv/file/get/Bleedingedge-CES0551Droboupmov523.flv[/gearlive]

One of this year’s hottest topics is <a>storage</a>. It seems like we’re about two steps away from getting flash drives as prizes in cereal boxes. With the release of OSX Leopard and its Time Machine app, backing up computers has become easier than ever. Enter Data Robotics’ Drobo storage robot. We chat with the folks behind the Drobo in this interview.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:38 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

I’ve always wanted a drobo, but the price of just Drobo is too much. You can get a NAS from Buffalo with 1TB of storage (1HD with 3 available slots (4 total)) for 700 bucks. thats less then the Drobo… and the drobo doesn’t come with the 1TB storage.

Posted: 01 June 2008 02:51 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

The Drobo certinly sounds like something good to have by your side. I’m sure I’ll be buying one of these. When I can afford one, that is.

- BoogerJay

Posted: 01 June 2008 04:29 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01

The Drobo is a great tool and it is one of the best-looking storage devices out on the market right now. The only problem I have is the price. In my opinion, why get a Drobo, no matter how snazy it looks, when you can get an alternative for 1/4 the price?

Posted: 01 June 2008 06:46 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

Its great that it is the worlds first storage robot and also as   said it has usb connection also, we need not connect it inside our cpu, Andru as u asked him , about storage, its really hard to store data in our computers, like when we dont see it and format the data may be lost, Before opening it i thought that it consists only one drive but it can be equipped with 4 drives
U asked a good question andru, about when a drive dies and its a great gadget

Posted: 01 June 2008 10:54 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

Could use one of those. Imagine the space I would have on my computer, I have a small hard drive. That is actually a very handy piece of technology!!

Posted: 01 June 2008 11:54 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2008-06-01

Now this is one awesome robot. It may not move and beep at you, but I don’t know of many personal robots as cool this one.

I love how I can take hard drives that my computer teacher just gives me (because they’ve upgraded) and all of a sudden have a great backup device.

Then they came out with the droboshare so NOW I can just throw a bunch of unused drives in this robot and have a NAS ASAP!