TiVo Hits Canada
Posted: 26 September 2005 03:15 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Everyone in the world will have one of those things sooner or later, just like VCRs were years ago.  Personally, I don’t have TiVo, but that doesn’t mean I don’t WANT it.  I just don’t HAVE it.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 08 June 2006 04:41 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2006-04-12

I live in Canada, and I can certainly see that as being a hassle. Maybe they want to see how successful the TiVo will be before implementing a better warranty service.

Tivo does seem neat, but the only way I would buy it is if it was reliable and if it didn’t cost too much. I’m a struggling student!

Posted: 31 May 2008 04:11 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-05-31

Why did it take so long to get tivo here

Posted: 31 May 2008 04:21 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I know I’m not in Canada, but I wonder if the cable/satellite companies offer DVRs as part of their monthly packages.  I’m in the US and Time Warner offers a much more economical option which gives me an HD tuner and HD DVR for only $10 a month!  I don’t see Tivo surviving in the long run because of the increased competition these days.

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:50 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I don’t have a TiVo and I saw one the other day at The Brick and I was like “WOWOWOWOW!” Haha, I didn’t know that we got TiVo! I always see Ellen Degeneres give it away on her show and the people are so happy! Am I planning on getting TiVo, not really, I don’t have a need for it, but it is awesome that Canada finally has TiVo. Woo hoo!

Posted: 01 June 2008 05:53 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-06-01

If I had really wanted TiVo-ish features I would have paid the extra $300 for the HDPVR when I got the HD box from my cable provider.  But really, I don’t find enough stuff on TV interesting enough to record because I’ll probably never watch it, so I have no use.