1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5
HP HDX Dragon giveaway details - 31 Days of the Dragon
Posted: 31 May 2008 01:50 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]http://blip.tv/file/get/Bleedingedge-BleedingEdgeTV265HPHDXDragonComputerPackageGiveaway705.flv[/gearlive]

That’s right friends - we are a part of the 31 Days of the Dragon giveaway, and that means that you (yes, you…) have the opportunity to win an amazing HP HDX Dragon computer package worth over $5,000. To see the goods, check the video. How do you win? All you need to do is be an active participant on the comments and forums over at Gear Live.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 31 May 2008 03:10 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2008-05-31

This is one beast of a notebook. If you can call it that.

I’ve entered all of the 31 Days of the Dragon contests since the 15th May, haven’t one won. It’s probably because most of them used random drawings to choose the winner, which I always fail at!

I love the way GearLive have chosen to choose the winner for the HDX. Unique; and fun.

I came here because of the dragon - yeah, but I’m sure I’ll be visiting these forums regularly from now on. 😊

Good luck to everyone!

Posted: 31 May 2008 05:03 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

The HP HDX is very powerful and has good specs.  Whoever wins this will surely be able to accomplish a lot with this Notebook PC!  I look forward to contributing to GearLive and hopefully winning this contest.  I’m sure a lot of people want to win too, good luck!

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:04 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

I agree love the note book, Software. The kids will love the games and movies.  This is a great idea.  😊

kat

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:52 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-05-31

i love this computer and i need to win it

Posted: 31 May 2008 09:11 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31
Andru Edwards - 31 May 2008 04:50 AM

[gearlive]http://blip.tv/file/get/Bleedingedge-BleedingEdgeTV265HPHDXDragonComputerPackageGiveaway705.flv[/gearlive]

That’s right friends - we are a part of the 31 Days of the Dragon giveaway, and that means that you (yes, you…) have the opportunity to win an amazing HP HDX Dragon computer package worth over $5,000. To see the goods, check the video. How do you win? All you need to do is be an active participant on the comments and forums over at Gear Live.

So in other words, those of us that have a life might as not bother entering in a post count

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:01 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-05-31

I so badly want to win this beast and am willing to stop doing homework, showering (well, maybe not that, but…) and everything else in order to have enough time to camp out at Grear Live to prove that I can post and post away in order to win…I so desperately need this computer. You’ll be seeing a lot more of my name on this site in the days to come…probably well after this contest is over too.

Barb

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:33 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22
SmileyXX - 31 May 2008 12:11 PM
Andru Edwards - 31 May 2008 04:50 AM

So in other words, those of us that have a life might as not bother entering in a post count

Again, I noted that spammers will not get counted. We are looking for typical participation. We’ve already had 2-3 people just leaving a bunch of one sentence comments. Those are going to be deleted.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:36 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

I love the competition that GearLive is going to engender for the Dragon! just like boogerjay, I also am a loser when it comes to random drawings, and I have entered all the contests I have been able to since I found out about it on the 16th. I could really use this computer, and I am just as willing to go the extra mile to win it, without sacfrificing m family, of course. :D

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:48 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2008-05-24
Purjewl - 31 May 2008 01:36 PM

I love the competition that GearLive is going to engender for the Dragon! just like boogerjay, I also am a loser when it comes to random drawings, and I have entered all the contests I have been able to since I found out about it on the 16th. I could really use this computer, and I am just as willing to go the extra mile to win it, without sacfrificing m family, of course. :D

yea i know what u mean. it seems like no matter how many times i enter something i just cant win anything lol.

ps. no 1 really needs family right 😊
p.s.s just joking

Posted: 31 May 2008 11:25 AM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24
badamc92 - 31 May 2008 01:48 PM
Purjewl - 31 May 2008 01:36 PM

I love the competition that GearLive is going to engender for the Dragon! just like boogerjay, I also am a loser when it comes to random drawings, and I have entered all the contests I have been able to since I found out about it on the 16th. I could really use this computer, and I am just as willing to go the extra mile to win it, without sacrificing my family, of course. :D

yea i know what u mean. it seems like no matter how many times i enter something i just cant win anything lol.

ps. no 1 really needs family right 😊
p.s.s just joking

Hey, no offense taken. Just remember, if you didn’t have family you wouldn’t be here, and without family there will not be a next generation to create all these new gadgets, or computers, like the Dragon, that the rest of us (with or without family) would like to win.  😉

I did have a question for Andru - you mentioned in the video clip that you would list the points for each action. Did you list it anywhere? is there a list? Thanks for the info in advance. 😊

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:32 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-05-31

This thing weighs what, 10 pounds? Hardly a very mobile lappie!
😊

The whole package is a very generous one. I’ve been envious of all of the winnwers. (Color me green!)

If you were to win this package, what use would you put it to? (Or maybe it’d be better to ask what wouldn’t you do with it, lugging it around aside?)

Peace,

Woadan

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:43 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-05-31

Having three kids that are in school (Kindergarten, First grade and High-school 10th grader), a husband that runs part of his business through the computer and me…an online school student trying to earn a degree in computer science (multimedia)...I would have to say it’d be used for just about anything under the sun. Home work essays (both my son and I), kids learning projects and programs (for the younger two) and movies plus games galore (gotta make time for the fun stuff too).

I would really (or my family and I) would really put this computer to some great use.

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:48 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24
Woadan - 31 May 2008 03:32 PM

😊

The whole package is a very generous one. I’ve been envious of all of the winnwers. (Color me green!)

If you were to win this package, what use would you put it to? (Or maybe it’d be better to ask what wouldn’t you do with it, lugging it around aside?)

Peace,

Woadan

Let’s see. Where shall I begin? I would use it for: video editing, music editing, music creation, mixing music, watching TV (my husband hogs the TV) researching teaching tools for my son, playing games (RPG, RTS, Arcade, Etc.) surfing the web, blogging, IM’n, all internet related stuff, as well as photography, pursuing my MBA in Nursing online, and many more.

I wouldn’t be taking it from room to room, or traveling with it. it would stay at home, surrounded by all my other hardware.

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:57 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2008-05-23

Hopefully they put up the point grading soon. That would be cool and helpful to everyone. I could tell you all the million uses I would have for this thing, but we all have our own laundry list of stuff we would do with it, so no need in airing mine.(unless it helps me win it :cheese: ) Good luck to everyone. Someone has to win it.

Posted: 31 May 2008 01:05 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2008-05-31

Why do we even need the point chart? Just participate and contribute, it’s not that hard. Besides it’s enjoyable sharing news like this.

I’m actually happy about this, since for once it’s fair, and not random. People who really try will actually have a real chance :OOOO That’s really hard to believe 😛

Anyways, thanks Andru! The main site is awesome, although the top navigation bars that allow you to scroll over the drop downs could use work, those disappear before I manage to highlight them…

Posted: 31 May 2008 01:42 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24
SkyFuser - 31 May 2008 04:05 PM

Why do we even need the point chart? Just participate and contribute, it’s not that hard. Besides it’s enjoyable sharing news like this.

I’m actually happy about this, since for once it’s fair, and not random. People who really try will actually have a real chance :OOOO That’s really hard to believe 😛

Truthfully, we don’t really NEED the point list, Andru just happened to mention it in the clip, and I was curious. It would be a bummer if for instance someone who posted 250 comments got the same amount of points as someone who posted 500 threads in the forums. or vice versa. see the disparity? that basically means that someone who did more work ends up with the same or less points than someone who did less. having a point chart lets you know what is worth more, and obviously where to go and what to do. but regardless, I like this site, and I’m going to stick around.

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:12 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-05-31

like what purjewl said about the point system, and agree with him alittle on it. but it is a contest for a nice notebook pc. and gear live did come up with the system for the contest winning so can’t do much about it. just have to go by the rules. As for the notebook pc itself it is a nice machine that is build especially for its size. wouldn’t mind having one for myself since this desktop that i have is kinda getting there alittle but it does what it does, considering how much I push it to the limits.

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:22 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2008-05-26

The games aren’t much good,neither are the software,Well the machine is Jailbait.
Andru aren’t you allowed to open the box?,would have loved to see it in action.

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:31 PM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

This is a fantastic contest idea and it should be a lot of fun! I agree that some of the sites that have done a random drawing…well, the chances are very slim that one will win. Gear Live has made it so that one needs to be active and needs to participate in order to win this stunning prize package, which I know a lot of people are happy that it’s not “random.” Best of luck to everyone and see you around the Gear Live Forums! 😊

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:32 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24
DOOOMKULTUS - 31 May 2008 05:22 PM

The games aren’t much good,neither are the software,Well the machine is Jailbait.

I agree with you on the software - the only thing that is relatively new is the gears of war. (to me, that is)
as far as opening the box and running the machine, one of the other sites did take it out and turn it on, but only to show you the size and range of motion it has. ( unfortunately, I don’t remember which one it was, and the few I rechecked have buried the contest info).I also would have liked to see someone doing something on it, even taking it for a quick spin. (kind of like what you are able to do in some stores before you buy.)

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:37 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

YouTube has some videos on the Dragon and in my opinion, this one is a must-see:

[youtube]CvSgeHrFZY0[/youtube]

mrbrown of the wtf show reviews the Dragon and it is totally hilarious! 😛 One of the best videos I have ever seen, haha.

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:37 PM   [ # 22 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-05-31

That is a truly awesome piece of equipment. Heaven, really, for people like me that drool over anything with specifications like that!
I wouldn’t say those games aren’t good, i think the Flight Simulator series has always been one of the nicest games out there in the market. But of course, a copy of Crysis would have been much more “appropriate”, don’t you think?  😜
and i love the software package too, mainly because i’m into graphic designing and video editing and stuff like that! Never been a fan of Corel though, i always prefer Adobe Photoshop, but I’d take it :cheese:

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:41 PM   [ # 23 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31

I am looking forward to actively participating on this site both this week and well into the future.  I really like the idea of this contest as it has allowed me to expand the number of tech sites I participate in.  Before this contest, I had never visited this website, but I was missing out!

As far as contest details, when will our participation start counting?  I think a set start time should be distinguished to give everyone a fair notice.  Good luck to everyone who is participating!

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:44 PM   [ # 24 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  230
Joined  2008-05-31
Woadan - 31 May 2008 03:32 PM

😊

Peace,

Woadan

Where did you get that it weights 10 pounds? According to the HP website it weights in at just over 15 pounds and from what I’ve heard from other sites the power brick weights right around 5 pounds bringing the grand total of just over 20 pounds to lug that amazing machine around.

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:51 PM   [ # 25 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-05-31
jess1ca - 31 May 2008 05:37 PM

YouTube has some videos on the Dragon and in my opinion, this one is a must-see:

[youtube]CvSgeHrFZY0[/youtube]

mrbrown of the wtf show reviews the Dragon and it is totally hilarious! 😛 One of the best videos I have ever seen, haha.

Haha I just watched this—I’ve never heard of his show but I was definitely laughing out loud.  Watching all these videos on youtube makes me want to win this thing even more!

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5