What type of mp3 player do you prefer?
Posted: 31 May 2008 09:26 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

The ipod is quite likely the most popular music player on the market, and with the release of the apple iphone, it has cornered a whole new area of the technology world. I, however, chose to get a creative labs Zen player. I have never had any problems with it (initially the ipod couldn’t be recharged and there where reports that the battery only lasted for about a year or two), so I stayed away from the ipod and when I bought my zen, it was one of the largest capacity players available. (20GB) I still have trouble filling it with the songs I really listen to (out of a library of 20,000 songs, I have about 200 favorites in my playlists.)

Are there any other music players that are comparable, better, or worse? I’d really like to know.

Posted: 31 May 2008 11:36 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2008-05-31

My brother has an iPod. I use my W300i to listen to music. The Sony Ericcson Walkman has a realy good mp3 player.

I don’t know how you can get 20GB of songs? I only used 2GB at the moment of speaking.

Posted: 31 May 2008 12:04 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2008-05-31

The MP3 player I like are RCA Lyra’s, because mine is now 4 years old, and still very reliable. I am not so much of a fan of the Apple Ipod because they feel weak, and very flexible. I am also not a fan of hard disk drives inside them, because if you are like me, you will have dropped your MP3 player hundreds of times, and when it comes to dropping hard disk drives, that is not good.

Posted: 31 May 2008 01:22 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-05-28

i use sony walkman 4gb i lke it because the design is small and it sound great
dont like the ipod look kinda fragile…

Posted: 31 May 2008 01:25 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2008-05-31

I have the SanDisk Sansa “Fuze” 8GB MP3 player and enjoy it very much. My son has the iPod 4GB classic and he loves his. There are differences between the both of them and my son says that his is easier to work, but I would have to disagree. Although both of them are very good looking and good working players; I actually prefer my player better. I love the options and so forth that go with mine.

Lets say you have a song that skips on the player…instead of having to go to your file on your computer to delete it from the playlist; my player allows you to delete it right then and there. The sound is great and the radio is awsome too (for the times you want to listen to music but would rather listen to radio instead). I love having all of the options that the Fuze gives me. I don’t know what ranking this player has, but with me it is ranked as “top notch”.

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:19 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24
Larrabee - 31 May 2008 02:36 PM

My brother has an iPod. I use my W300i to listen to music. The Sony Ericcson Walkman has a realy good mp3 player.

I don’t know how you can get 20GB of songs? I only used 2GB at the moment of speaking.

I got them from friends, some were purchased, some file sharing, some downloaded. My library currently has, hold on let me check… ok 56.6 GB of mp3’s in my major folders, plus a few scattered around on my HD and cd’s that haven’t made it into my library, which comes down to about 10,000+ individual songs/tracks/etc. And I add more every chance I get. (they come in handy when mixing and deejaying.)

ps. earlier i said i had about 20,000; after counting them, it actually comes out to about 15,000. (the 10K plus other misc not on the HD as mentioned before)

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:53 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-05-31

The iPod is possibly the MP3 player with the greatest goodwill in the market, but honestly, i wouldnt buy an iPod if it was the end of the world! especially those iPod classics, they were the lamest players in the world! Bad features, low performance ... i dont know why people buy those things! :gulp:

Me? i would buy Creative products any time. i have a ZEN VISION:M right now, and that thing was supposed to be from the same generation that the iPod 4thGen was from i think. and believe me, the Creative is a million times better than the iPod!i could start and never end with the comparisons! first of all, Apple thinks people live in a world where they can lead their whole life matching movies in only MOV and MP4, listening to songs in MP3 only, and playing a lame game shooting people with parachutes falling to the ground! i mean, who does that!? i thin hardly about 5% of the content online and around us is in MOV! 😕

The Creative, on the other hand, supports all the major video files, like AVI (DivX, XVid), WMV, MPEG 1&2;and even those oldie DAT files from VCDs. Also it supports WMA, which is a very common media format these days, which obviously the APPLE doesnt support since its WINDOWS MEDIA! The iPod video had a 64k color screen, whereas the Creative ZV:M has a 262k color screen! that’s one hell of a difference, and you can actually see blacks and whites on the ZV;M, whereas all you see on the iPod are GREYS!

the battery on the creative is better too! as is the feature set! you dont need extra devices for radio receiving and voice recording, they’re all built-in!

somebody stop me ...  :exclaim:

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:35 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  120
Joined  2008-05-30

iPods are expensive and over-priced.  Sure they are cool gadgets, used by mostly everyone in school and get a lot of hype.  There are many other MP3 brands out there that can do just what the iPod can do but at a lower price.  There’s Creative,SanDisk, and a lot more other brands that have MP3 Players also!  When you say MP3 Player, people start associating it with an iPod.  People don’t realize that there are other MP3 Players out there too because of the iPod.  I don’t watch movies/videos on portable devices, the screen is so small, so I have no need for a video MP3 Player.  If I were to purchase an MP3 Player, I would purchase one of the SanDisk Sansa’s.  They’re cheap and they play music!  That’s all I need.

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:39 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  570
Joined  2008-05-23

I like the iPods, they’re not bad and actually, the first mp3 player I owned after my chunky CD player, haha. I do prefer it and iTunes is great and so easy to use. Everyone will have different opinions about mp3 players, but I think it totally depends on the price, how much you’re willing to pay for it, lifestyle (running/jogging with it) and your music collection. I know a lot of people see the 2GB iPod Shuffle in stores and then there’s another 2GB mp3 player nearby that’s about $50 cheaper.

I think I will have to stick with iPods because I have bought so many songs on there that it would be really hard for me to switch to another brand.

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:33 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2008-05-24

I understand exactly what you are saying as far as the cd players go. I had one that could broadcast the signal to your car stereo, and then it broke and i was so upset. so when i got my Zen, i had to find an adapter for my car so it would still paly over the radio. then i found a car that had an audio input jack and i was in heaven.

Posted: 06 June 2008 10:22 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-06-06

I like the zune. its way better than the ipod

Posted: 06 June 2008 11:53 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

I think the best mp3 player is ipod as u said, it is easy to use regarding the buttons, loading songs through itunes, easy to carry, easy to select options in the menu.