Bleeding Edge TV 249: WowWee’s new furry and plasticky robots
Posted: 01 February 2008 07:03 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]http://blip.tv/file/get/Bleedingedge-CES0855WowweeRobotsupmov123.flv[/gearlive]

Among their plasticky robotic things, WowWee introduced their new Alive line of cubs. The panda, white tiger, polar bear and lion cubs are actually articulated robots with sensors that detect the angle at which they are being held and where they are being touched. On the plasticky side of things, in addition to the Mr. Personality robot just released, WowWee has three robots on deck: the Tribot, the Rovio, and the Bladestar. Check out the video for full details on each.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 31 May 2008 11:50 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  139
Joined  2008-05-24

I like the Alive cubs. I am guessing that they are a more articulated version of the Furreal line of pets (of which I am a proud owner of 3). The Alive line looks like they are more sensitive, and more ‘real’ than the Furreal pets, as well as more interactive. I haven’t seen any in my area just yet, but I will be sure to keep an eye out for them. ( I especially liked the white tiger and the panda.

As far as the other robotics go, I’m not really interested, even though I can see that the technology has come a long way since Furby’s, the orgional (i think) robotic toys.

Posted: 31 May 2008 05:31 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  552
Joined  2008-05-19

I really enjoyed those two things. I think I liked the robot the best about the alarm. What if they get out of the bed and throw it accross the room? maybe you should think of wall proofing when adding an alarm on those things…lol. They were cute though if I had the money I would get one of each, my favorite was the robot though…lol.

Posted: 31 May 2008 10:49 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2008-05-31

Interesting little robots, nice them to have a alarm in case hour watches go bad. lol. its the only piece of device i band my hand on.

Posted: 06 June 2008 06:32 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  571
Joined  2008-04-30

I liked the wheels of the red robo, i mean it moving side without turning the angle of those wheels
and also i liked the rover, I wouild always wanted to build the one like that bladestar.