Unboxing Live 036: Special Edition HP DV6885SE laptop
Posted: 19 May 2008 06:07 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

[gearlive]http://blip.tv/file/get/Unboxing-UnboxingLive036HPPavilionDV6885SE451.flv[/gearlive]

HP is on a tear, pumping out notebooks that look absolutely stunning. In this episode of Unboxing Live!, we open up the copper HP Pavilion DV6885SE special edition notebook.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 31 May 2008 06:55 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2008-05-31

that labtop is the best hp labtop ever

Posted: 31 May 2008 02:59 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  166
Joined  2008-05-26

hmm…. why does HP create special edition notebooks? they have different colors for the cover, but other then that, their motherboards, cpu, ram, videocard, display, etc. are all the same. it’s the exterior that’s different. (i don’t hate HP or anything, but it’s just that they create so much models that are exactly the same….)
Edit: I change my mind and that the special editions are pretty and looks cool.

[ Edited: 07 June 2008 11:21 PM by tsunzilla]

Posted: 31 May 2008 03:17 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-05-31

nice nice laptop. i would have to put this one as 2nd on the list for hp, right under the hp hdx. althought the hdx is quite as portable as this.

Posted: 06 June 2008 02:52 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2007-06-17

tsunzilla, I think they do that to make it a collectors item, so that they can charge more for it,  But it sure is pretty….I wouldn’t mind having it. I really like the copper color. It is a well thought out note book. HP is really moving up in the market-place.

Posted: 10 June 2008 04:15 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01
kat - 06 June 2008 05:52 PM

tsunzilla, I think they do that to make it a collectors item, so that they can charge more for it,  But it sure is pretty….I wouldn’t mind having it. I really like the copper color. It is a well thought out note book. HP is really moving up in the market-place.

I agree with you that HP is really moving up in the market-place. I personally have loved HP for a while in my young life and they have made some really good decisions on designs which in my opinion have really helped them gain much market share and that’s why people are buying their computers. For example, they started doing the etching designs on their laptops to make them cooler and stand out from other notebooks which all look the same as Andru mentions. Furthermore, they have also made all (if not most) of their desktops Black and Silver. Those colors are very desirable to consumers because they look very nice and sleek. To be honest, I believe that they learned this idea from Apple products such as the aluminum iMac and iPhone with Black plastic and Aluminum.

Also, about this laptop, I do agree that this laptop is very desirable because of the sleek copper finish. It will definitely stand out in a crowd or if your riding in a bus or train people will be looking out of their corner eye because they can’t get it off that gorgeous laptop 😊. Nice job HP!

Furthermore, I’m not sure when GearLive started putting the specs and “whats in the box” and other information in their videos but I think that it’s a very good idea as an overview and just so they can keep track of what your looking at. Very convenient and I haven’t seen this in many videos so I’ll also say that its innovative as well. Nice idea Andru and the rest of the GearLive squad.