< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 7
iPhone 1.1.3 firmware questions - submit here
Posted: 31 December 2007 10:30 PM   [ # 51 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-12-31

Thanks for the update. But I dont think this will stop the hackers. 1.1.3 will be unlocked/jailbroken in about 2 mouths after its release. I read somewhere else hackers are really wonting this to come out because it has some major security change and this will allow them to read how apple writes the codes and allows them to use this and backfire by unlocking or even crazy mods in the future.

Posted: 31 December 2007 10:51 PM   [ # 52 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2007-12-30

i have a question!!! have you tried using the software version and modem version to try and guess the official dowload url that itunes will use, i know it uses the modem and firmware versions along with the release date. u may have to try guessing release dates

can u provide us with the info, or try it yourself? i wouldnt think that the official download from apple would have a watermark, it would just be on standby for when they updated the itunes file on their servers.

Posted: 31 December 2007 11:41 PM   [ # 53 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
N00b
Joined  2007-12-31

Does 1.1.3 allow for different signatures for different email accounts or choosing an account to email from when sharing websites, etc?

Posted: 01 January 2008 01:37 AM   [ # 54 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-01-01

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was any information in 1.1.3 regarding upgraded bluetooth compatibility.  I got a set of Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones for Christmas and currently the IPhone does not support the A2dp bluetooth, and I dont particularly want to buy an adapter to use these very cool headphones with a device that already has bluetooth.  So, long story short, any info regarding new bluetooth compatibility would be very useful.

Posted: 01 January 2008 02:43 AM   [ # 55 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2007-12-31

Hey Andru, please lemme know if you can try a stealthsim or turbosim.
Most of the new users out of the US need a stealthsim to use their 1.1.2 otb.
Since there won’t be a 1.1.3 software unlock soon, I really want to know if the hardware unlock options work with 1.1.3.

Cheers.

Posted: 01 January 2008 03:43 AM   [ # 56 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-01

Guys,

Can you confirm/deny whether these are now supported:

1. IMAP mail flagging

2. Bluetooth modem functionality - i.e. connect laptop to net via bluetooth to the iphone (when iphone is using EDGE)

3. Group SMS - does it only support adding individuals or can you add a Group as defined in OS X Address Book? It seems totally lame if you have to select everybody every time.

Thanks

Posted: 01 January 2008 03:49 AM   [ # 57 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2008-01-01

Hey Andru, first time her eon Gearlive, but i was wonderin if a Voice Recorder Function/App has been added to the update? If not, think itll be in the SDK update?

Posted: 01 January 2008 07:34 AM   [ # 58 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2007-12-31

After reading pages of posts on many forums I think I have put together some ideas on whats actually happenning with this so called ‘leak’ of 1.1.3 - (For now it’s 1.1.3 what Apple finally release it as could be different)

You want the full version? My guess is 1.1.3 (4A08), and that could be seen as most likely - 1.1.2 has a 3 prefix, A maybe ‘Alpha’, 08 - well we know what year it is

Why? Well actually it’s not that uncommon for a product release to be put in the hands of ‘outsiders’. I see this being released to the likes of Andru and Nate so that as ‘users’ they would ‘exercise’ the software completely differently to the actual developers.

Sometimes when you are so close to a project it’s easy to keep doing things the same way and not uncovering some bug.

For many years I was flown to the US from Australia by 3 very large corporations to test drive their latest products prior to them going to a big convention and launch. As an experienced ‘operator’ I made their goodies actually perform (or fail) and that was in time enough for the factory and or software people to make some fixes before ‘the Big Day’

As we saw Nate found a bug in one of the apps - it froze.

As many have commented - Apple is about to release a SDK to enable 3rd Party Developers access to the ‘internals’ What they (Apple) would dearly like to know is how this interface is working and in Andru and Nate they have a good team - not saying that they are the only ones.

Watching the video presentation and seeing the pics it’s safe to assume they are running 3 iPhones - Nate, GameGear and AT&T;- That allows the boys to see how an Upgrade goes, How a Restore goes, how do previously installed apps / preferences hold up after an Update, etc etc

Why let it go public? Well it sure has stirred up a storm and a hell of a lot of comment - Apple’s boys will read it all - see what they might be able to add in (if they haven’t done so already)

I think its deliberately done over this holiday season, because it lets ‘us’ do the work while they have a happy holidays - They get back to work Jan.2 with only 12 or so days to go to MW - But we, as posters and commentators, have worked on - holiday or no holiday.

Also I think it’s safe to assume the developers were told what they could show off - but they would have had a long list of checks to do just like all the ADC releases of a change to OS X.

So in the end we will benefit and when we all get our update ( and if we are very very lucky - a hope of an unlock) and it will be all the better because Nate and Andru and the comments received have made it so.

And about the ‘Baseband’ or ‘Modem’ - what real difference will it make right now? IF the Dev team are working on it then it won’t happen any faster just because we all know a ‘number’. Knowing it may send some of the poor desperate souls here to go into massive withdrawal symptoms at the potential of looking at a longer wait to awaken their toys. Its better we just wait for a release and see what is offered.

And Hey - I’m just like quiet a few of you - there are 3 iPhones (1.1.2 OOB) sitting in front of me that should have been brightening the eyes of 3 people at Christmas time, but we are happy to wait.

A new day has dawned in the US and now abouts the whole world has joined us in 2008 - lets see what today brings.

(Also posted on Hackint0sh)

Posted: 01 January 2008 08:39 AM   [ # 59 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-01

Is WPA Entreprise supported (a.k.a. WPA Radius EAP/TLS).
Basically, it is the ability to use WPA2 with a login and a password, quite often use in entreprise networks.

Actually, it is not supported, only pre shared key WPA2

Posted: 01 January 2008 09:17 AM   [ # 60 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-01

Hey,
Is there a new baseband in firmware 1.1.3 and if yes what is the new baseband version? One more thing, have you passed the firmware to devteam to make a jailbreak method for it and also extract the secpack for unlock.
Thanks

Posted: 01 January 2008 11:57 AM   [ # 61 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2007-12-31

I’m really excited about the firmware update….but what I really want to know about is where is the FLASH PLAYER!!!!!!! Anybody have an ideas on that?????

Posted: 01 January 2008 12:14 PM   [ # 62 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-01

QUESTION about 1.1.3:

Does it yet support the Nike+ Sport Kit?

Several weeks ago a story came out where the firmware had a “Nike” folder in the code ... implying that Nike + WOULD be supported in the future. Curious if it IS NOW with 1.1.3.

Also, what is the time it takes for cell tower location triangulation? Is it fast? Bearable? Slow?

Thanks!

Posted: 01 January 2008 01:08 PM   [ # 63 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-01

When do you think this update will be released and what does it do for the iPod Touch?

Posted: 01 January 2008 05:24 PM   [ # 64 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-01

hi guys, i’m new here and i’m from italy where we are all waiting for the iphone arrival…yah, italy so beautyfull but very very slow in anything!

i’m interested in purchase of a new imported iphone from USA, and i’ve to unlock it to with my mobile company, TIM.

Some italian newspaper sed that 1.1.3 firmaware version will be not “crackable”... is it thru?

thank you and apologize me for my English!

Posted: 01 January 2008 07:12 PM   [ # 65 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2007-12-30

well, it depends on the network as to whether or not an iphone will work. as of right now, there is no way to hack a 1.1.3 iphone. but, saying that it will never be hacked is a bit of an overstatement. people said the same thing about 1.1.2, so i’m sure it’ll be cracked, it just may be a while.

Posted: 02 January 2008 12:52 AM   [ # 66 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-02

Do Mail Notes sync with iPhone Notes yet?

Posted: 02 January 2008 01:13 AM   [ # 67 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2007-12-30

when is iphone 1.1.3 answer batch 2 gonna be posted…?

Posted: 02 January 2008 03:01 AM   [ # 68 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-02

Does the iphone firmware 1.1.3 have the Video Recorder and Disk Mode like some of the gadget bloggers say…?

Posted: 02 January 2008 09:26 AM   [ # 69 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-01-02

Hi there

I bought an officially unlocked iPhone in Germany (for 999 Euros) and an also officially unlocked iPhone in France (for 725 Euros). Both needed to be jailbreaked and iWorld installed, so that I can use them with my Swiss SIM Cards and SOM cards from other countries now. Even though they were sold as unlocked I could only use German SIM cards with the one bought in Germany and French SIM cards with the one I bought in France.

1. My first question is therefore: will 1.1.3 override iWorld or will I still be able to use SIM cards from other countries in my officially unlocked iPhones?

Further questions:

2. Will the upgrade come with an iTunes upgrade?

3. Will I have an option to update or will the iPhone update automatically when I synchronize it while I’m online?

Thanks so much for what you are doing!

Posted: 02 January 2008 09:33 AM   [ # 70 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-01-02

Hi Franz

Your best option is probably to buy an unlocked iPhone in France and jailbreak it so that you can install iWorld.app. This allows you to set your iPhone to Italy and then you can use it with any Italian SIM card. Instructions how to jailbreak it can be found on the Internet. Actually this is not really hacking the iPhone, it more like fixing a software flaw.

French unlocked iPhones cost 625 Euros. You will also need to buy a SIM card with a 100 Euros credit. Orange customer service will then deduct these 100 Euros for the unlock. It takes between 3 and 7 days until iTunes tells you your iPhone is unlocked after you buy it. As soon as you see that message iWorld will be able to set your iPhone to Italy.

franz - 01 January 2008 09:24 PM

hi guys, i’m new here and i’m from italy where we are all waiting for the iphone arrival…yah, italy so beautyfull but very very slow in anything!

i’m interested in purchase of a new imported iphone from USA, and i’ve to unlock it to with my mobile company, TIM.

Some italian newspaper sed that 1.1.3 firmaware version will be not “crackable”... is it thru?

thank you and apologize me for my English!

Posted: 02 January 2008 10:05 AM   [ # 71 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
N00b
Joined  2008-01-02

I currently run 1.1.1 and find that the phone has spotty reception at best even with 5 bars. Has there been any improvements in the stability/functionality of the phone function? It could be my phone but I find that it is very unreliable to the point that people actually will not call me on my cell phone.

Posted: 02 January 2008 04:59 PM   [ # 72 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Okay guys - working on iPhone 1.1.3 Q&A;Batch Two right now. In the meantime, if you’d be willing to Digg our latest submission for us, that would be AWESOME 😊

http://digg.com/gadgets/Top_10_Most_Watched_Bleeding_Edge_TV_Episodes_for_2007

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 02 January 2008 05:39 PM   [ # 73 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-01-02

I’m new to the iphone, i wanted to know if with the new firmware you can create your own ringtones instead of having to buy songs from itunes and converting it.

Posted: 02 January 2008 05:50 PM   [ # 74 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Joined  2007-12-30
neu318 - 02 January 2008 09:39 PM

I’m new to the iphone, i wanted to know if with the new firmware you can create your own ringtones instead of having to buy songs from itunes and converting it.

yes, currently with the newest firmware and itunes 7.5 you can change the extension on any .m4a audio files to .m4r and load them into itunes, and they will be added to your ringtones folder, HOWEVER, i have had problems with audio files over 30 seconds being added, since that is the length itunes finds appropriate.

Posted: 02 January 2008 07:10 PM   [ # 75 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-01-02
brendan09 - 02 January 2008 09:50 PM
neu318 - 02 January 2008 09:39 PM

yes, currently with the newest firmware and itunes 7.5 you can change the extension on any .m4a audio files to .m4r and load them into itunes, and they will be added to your ringtones folder, HOWEVER, i have had problems with audio files over 30 seconds being added, since that is the length itunes finds appropriate.

Yeah i’ve tried that with a full song and it didn’t work either.  Is there an MP3 editor I can use to cut the song to 30 seconds or do I have to edit the .m4a file?  Thanks.

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 7