Call of Duty 4 Beta Ends Spetember 30th; Game Goes Gold
Posted: 21 September 2007 03:16 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2007-08-13

Fourzerotwo has posted details about the end of the Call of Duty 4 beta, saying it’s all over Sunday September 30th and revealing that the level cap will be raised just prior to the close on the 28th.

I managed to squeak into the beta (somewhat late) and while I liked the previous CoD games, I wasn’t expecting much from the multiplayer-only beta, especially on a game that looked nice but represented a direction shift for the franchise. I was really surprised to find how enjoyable it was, even at the early levels playing against level-capped opponents. It really makes you appreciate the small victories and learn from your mistakes, plus the rewards system is incredibly addicting. I wasn’t really planning on making this a priority this winter, but the beta has changed my mind. Hopefully Activision/Infinity Ward will release a demo so those who didn’t or couldn’t make the beta cut can have a chance to see for themselves.

The game isn’t due until November 5th so there is going to be a long month in between with no CoD action, but I think Halo 3 and Orange Box ought to be sufficient to pass the time until then, hm?

Posted: 24 September 2007 01:05 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

I may have to snatch up this game, later this year….

Posted: 01 June 2008 01:05 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-05-31

i just wonder if it is good as it is said.