Advice Needed From All You Game Lovers
Posted: 01 September 2007 03:28 PM     [ Ignore ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-01

Speaking as someone who is very unfamiliar with the world of Playstations and XBox, I decided to come to the experts.  I am new events director at a very large sports bar with over 50 big screens and HD Plasmas.  We’re mostly a billiards place - but since we are 2 stories, and have lounges all over the place with couches and armchairs, I am trying to decide if adding the PSPs and Xbox and a library of games, is something that would make people like you, come and hang out in a bar for few hours with your friends? 

Any thoughts?  Any bright ideas?  Any words of caution?

Posted: 01 September 2007 04:41 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2007-04-26

I think you would get the best value out of Guitar Hero for the Playstation 2 or Xbox 360. It’s a game that just about anyone is willing to get into, so you wouldn’t have to worry about appealing to only a (possibly) smaller audence. I mention this because a bar around where I live decided to have a Guitar Hero tournament where you can win the game and the system at the end of the whole thing and it seems to have gone over well so far bringing in a younger crowd.

Other than that, if you’ve got the space, I’d think it would be a good idea to get as many multiplayer games as you can so that patrons can play against their friends to really get the atmosphere up.

Above all else I’d say it matters most how much money you’re willing to spend and how many people you’re wanting to attract or facilitate with the gaming.

Signature 

Even in the case of ladders, when simple hand-over-hand coordination is required, only one in four zombies will succeed.

Posted: 01 September 2007 04:45 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-09-01

Good to know!  That was one of the ones recommended to me by more than one person.  Thanks for the 411!