Needing help everyone!
Posted: 14 July 2007 04:19 PM     [ Ignore ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-13

Im still without a NextGen Console… and desperatly needing one.

Sure the Dreamcast cant fail me (it still lives on damnit!)

But seeing how all these new games are coming out for all the systems… Im kicking myself for getting rid of my 360. And I DO miss playing with some of you online (Andy, Hawkes, Edie, D, and some others who I miss deeply)

Im willing to try some new games too. But so far Burnout Paradise, Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Bioshock have caught my attention majorly!

I don’t know what to do here.. sure I can just go out and buy one.. but I just moved out and living with my brother. He too wants to get a 360, but seeing how his partying can really mess things up.

So I have both a Finacial problem, and a Monkey on the loose in the house (well condo really)

Plus I don’t have internet at the condo (using the works).. but hopefully soon I will thanks to AT&T;DSL. (Better than Charters rip off price.. don’t get me into it.. its a pain)

I might just say screw it, get a credit card, and buy one. Yet I don’t want to put myself into major debt.

Any suggestions anyone?

Posted: 14 July 2007 05:17 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2007-04-26

Thats tuff. I sorta know what its like in the money department. We have been strapped for the big bill lately, and so I have missed out on some good games. I don’t know if there are any used 360s that you can buy out there, and I’m not sure if it would be a good idea to buy one used. I could suggest getting a part time job, or getting in some over time hours, but I have tried that myself with no real positive result. The money just disappears. :( Having gotten rid of your 360, and being strapped for money is a difficult situation for a gamer. Having a roommate can be rather difficult also. I had a friend stay with me a number of years ago, and he would listen to my CDs. He would never put them back in the case, and many were scratched up. Talk about pissing me off.

What I would suggest, and also try doing myself is starting a gaming reserve. Take a portion of money from each pay check, and put it into that reserve, and save for a new console that way. Figure how much you need, and how soon you need the item. Then you can find out how much money needs to be saved from each check. Its a pain in the butt, and really takes some patients.

Posted: 15 July 2007 12:50 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

You could always start a PayPal account and ask for donations…

Posted: 15 July 2007 02:30 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2007-05-11

money money money ... sucks…. good to see you around again kaz, i dont have live atm im dirt ####### poor and negotiating the purchase of my first car,

Signature 

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MrD86.jpghttp://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2818/pmlogoln1.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/948/linkff2.jpg

Posted: 15 July 2007 12:30 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2007-06-13

well… Ive said screw it and checking out some credit cards.

JUST ONE… maybe a target card or a best buy one.

eather way, I have that feeling that when I go home today, I’ll have my 360 with GH2 and Forza2 with me.

*glee*

Posted: 15 July 2007 01:20 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-06-07

Start selling stuff on eBay.  Clothes, old games, computer stuff, anything you have that might fetch a few bucks.  If you don’t use it, sell it. 

I would also suggest getting a limp and standing on a street corner in some ratty clothes with a sign that says “need money for food”.

Posted: 15 July 2007 01:30 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26
Gemini Ace - 15 July 2007 04:20 PM

Start selling stuff on eBay.  Clothes, old games, computer stuff, anything you have that might fetch a few bucks.  If you don’t use it, sell it. 

I would also suggest getting a limp and standing on a street corner in some ratty clothes with a sign that says “need money for food”.

I have a feeling that a sign that says “need money for beer” might get more attention, and money. That one always makes me chuckle. LOL!!

Posted: 15 July 2007 07:28 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2007-04-26

Kaz, what city you live in?

Signature 

Party decorations? Check. Glasses? Check. Tablecloths? Check. Dead goat? Check and double-check!

Posted: 15 July 2007 10:14 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

20% interest is prety painful on a credit card.  Always best to save the cash then get the thing and avoid the debt.

But, when I was young I remember the want vs the “right thing to do” and caved myself.  Took me a few years to get that debt off of my back.

I just advise caution.

Posted: 15 July 2007 11:44 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2007-05-11

haha i always cave for games and beer and going out and getting drunk hence why im poor but my excuss is im young

Signature 

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/MrD86.jpghttp://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2818/pmlogoln1.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/948/linkff2.jpg

Posted: 16 July 2007 04:16 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2007-06-13
Edie Sellers - 15 July 2007 10:28 PM

Kaz, what city you live in?

I live outside of St Louis, MO. Im on the Illinois side in a little town called O’Fallon now. I might just save up and get it then.

Just need to get outta the bills now… 400 for rent, 220 Health Ins, 80 car… basic stuff.

But I should SOON be on. That and needing internet too. Hate using work computer to message you guys.

Posted: 16 July 2007 04:23 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

We will look forward to seeing you when you get it, and hook up to Live.

Posted: 17 July 2007 09:19 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2007-06-13

Well… I got lucky.

Grabbed a Wii last night. Last one too.

Posted: 17 July 2007 10:56 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2007-04-30

I still have my dreamcast. Ikaruga owns.  (which is coming to XBL arcade at some point).

Posted: 18 July 2007 10:49 AM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2007-06-13

Ive been enjoying my Wii now, and my older brother has too. He even thought it was a great investment.

God.. Bowling has never been so much fun on a video game.

I have 3 problems now..

1. I need another Wii-mote and games

2. I need a better TV

3. I need some Icyhot… I think I threw my arm out playing so much.. ouch

But yea… Stealing internet again from my parents, but hopefully August I’ll be back more often.

BUT I FINALLY GOT A NEXT GEN SYSTEM

Posted: 20 July 2007 05:03 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2007-06-13

Im starting to catch up now. I justs called AT&T;again and found out that I can atleast get a 1.5mbps speed for only 20 bucks a month. Sure its DSL but I can finally catch up.

That and use the Wii online too.

I’ll be on by the end of this month. See everyone then!

Posted: 20 July 2007 07:24 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2007-06-29
Kool Kaz - 18 July 2007 01:49 PM

2. I need a better TV

With the Wii, I prefer to play it on my old Sony 32” Wega. It looks a heck of alot better on that than when I fire it up with component cables on a HDTV. Standard Def tele also looks crap on the HDTV compared to the good old CRT.
Jaggies become much less apparent, and everything just looks much cleaner on the Wega. I was kinda dissapointed at first when I hooked the Wii up to my HDtv, everything looked pretty dirty and it was full of jaggies on the component cables, and dont even get me started with the composite.

But then I switched it over to the TV in the living room which is the Wega, and it looking pretty darn nice, much better than any of my other non-HD consoles, I guess they went for optimization on CRT TV’s.

Also, bare in mind I have a cheapass HDTV, its rock solid when it gets HD material, but it handles non-HD content like a biatch.