The iPhone is here!
Posted: 29 June 2007 05:38 PM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2007-05-10

Now, I would LOVE one, but:

A) Not willing to pay the contract exit fee from Verizon.

B) Not enough space for all my stuff. (8GB?? Call me when it’s 30GB)

I have to admit, I was stunned to see an AT&T;store off the beaten path, (As in deep in the recesses of Wilmington, MA) with over 40 people waiting for the store to re-open.

Crazy people.  And these very people probably laughed at PS3/Wii/360 Campers…

What do you all think?

Posted: 29 June 2007 10:29 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2007-04-26

Well I would probably get one if it did not coast the same price of a PS3 (which is also freaking over priced).  However I think that the iPhone will still do better than the PS3, because it has the “i” in the name.

Posted: 30 June 2007 01:57 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2007-04-30

My cons are very similar:

Price
Only with 1 company
No AIM/similar program built in.  I mean text messaging is so backwards compared to instant messanger

Its sexy, but im gonna wait

Posted: 30 June 2007 06:52 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2007-06-18

Am I the only person left on Earth who only uses a phone to talk on? Is it crazy that
I don’t give a fat-ratt’s-ass about listening to iTunes on my phone? Is Duke Nukem’ Forever
coming out soon?  These are the questions that occupy my time.

Posted: 30 June 2007 07:33 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  338
Joined  2007-04-26

I have an HTC 8525, right now, I don’t need an iPhone as this phone does a ####-ton already.

Posted: 30 June 2007 07:54 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2007-06-07

It’s too expensive.  I have a T-Mobile Dash and it does everything I need.  The iPhone is gorgeous, but not $600 gorgeous.

Posted: 30 June 2007 08:27 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-05-28
Bert - 30 June 2007 09:52 AM

Am I the only person left on Earth who only uses a phone to talk on?

Just you and me, apparently.

Posted: 01 July 2007 11:03 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  322
Joined  2007-04-26
HeartbreakRidge - 30 June 2007 11:27 AM
Bert - 30 June 2007 09:52 AM

Am I the only person left on Earth who only uses a phone to talk on?

Just you and me, apparently.

I never even play the little games they have on the phones these days. I have two cell phones; one for work, and one for my personal use. Thats too much phone time for me, and thats also one phone for each nut. Electromagnetic cancer thing if you catch my drift. 😉 I may end up like Lance Armstrong with all those funny vibes going on. LOL!!! I drop those things a-slappy when I get home, so no need for games, and other extra crap for me.

Posted: 02 July 2007 05:06 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2007-06-13

Egh, Im happy with my Samsung D807. Its a nice slider phone with a Micro SD slot. Popped in a 2GB and bought the headphones off of Amazon (never buy the stuff there at the Store.. AT&T;rips people off.. I got those both for under 50 bucks total with shipping)

and Ive been quite happy with what I got.

Posted: 02 July 2007 05:29 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

I have one. Best thing ever. We are about to shoot our unboxing, activation, and complete interface walkthrough 😉

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 02 July 2007 09:40 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

I can’t touch it without 3G support and a few other additions, it has amazing potential, but is not there yet.

Posted: 02 July 2007 09:52 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  415
Joined  2007-04-26

Interestingly, I imagine that I’m probably the exact target for this product. I have both an iPod and a phone, and ever since I bought my iPod, I’ve yearned to unite the two (no joke, I’ve been talking about how they should make an iPhone since about 2005). However, I’m still going to wait for a better version for several reasons (some that others have mentioned):

1) 8GB. No thanks. I need at least, *checks iTunes*, 14.13GB of usable disk space for this to be a viable option.

2) AT&T;only. I’m not going to say this was a dumb move, but AT&T;is not big in my area. I’ll have to wait for it to be on Verizon…

3) Internal battery. If/when that thing stops holding a charge, it must be sent to Apple for replacement. It’ll probably cost about as much as the phone itself, too. Have you ever looked at the servicing fee for any problem with an iPod? It costs as much as the ####### iPod!

4) $600 is a little much…. but to be honest.. I’d probably buy one at that price, if it were at least 20GB and on Verizon…

EDIT: Maj, you know it has built-in WiFi, right? I think that’s pretty cool, and if you’re not in WiFi range, EDGE can’t be that bad… or can it? (I don’t have experience with EDGE).

Posted: 03 July 2007 05:25 AM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2007-04-26

Compared to 3G, Edge sucks.  But its useable.  My curent phone has built in WiFi as well.  Works well if you are in an unprotected hotspot.

The annoying thing for all touchscreen phones (my phone has a touchscreen as well) is its about impossible to dial from feel like with a standard phone, as you have to look at what you are pressing.  Its a minor annoyance, but for people on the road, it a pain.  (Like I said, my biggest gripe with my current phone).

Posted: 08 September 2007 11:06 AM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2007-04-26

Outside of the music interface, I’m really not that impressed with the iPhone.  The touch screen is cool.  But as far as a phone, it’s simply ordinary, and a little bigger than I would have liked.  The included applications are okay, but nothing to really brag about.  Internet browsing is servicable, like most phones, however the tilt screen feature makes reading the screen a little easier.

It’s a shame the system is closed, options are so limited, it’s costly, and your stuck with just one service provider. 

I’d much rather wait for the touch screen iPod, and just use any other phone.