Just saw Farenheit 9|11
Posted: 26 July 2004 09:47 AM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3532
Joined  2004-07-18

It got you a little lost in some places, but other times it was just sad to see what the Bush administration has done.  I’ll be voting for the first time this year.

Posted: 31 July 2004 06:11 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  281
Joined  2004-12-22

haven’t seen it. it looks like a complete one man’s view…

in the preview, it shows him asking senators who voted to go to iraq to send their children there, but…

:o :o Guess What? :o :o

Sen. John Kerry voted to send the troops there too!!!!

Posted: 31 July 2004 06:54 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2004-12-22

*tries best to avoid a political debate*

I can’t do it. I have been doing this so much lately its almost pointless trying to have a debate typing, so much effort its insane.

Awesome flick though 😉

Posted: 01 August 2004 07:37 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2004-12-28

It’s pretty much all opinon and manipulated facts. The left and right,  always going at it.

Posted: 01 August 2004 11:50 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2005-09-11

im a republican/conservative because of the consisent pounding of facts from my 60+ year old father who is very upset about tons of things (i could write a novel based on his rantings…. 😛), and because of this, it is hard for me to accept any of this as fact. I see Bush as a great president, and I see Michael Moore as some fat guy with a whiny voice.

Aside from physical appearences, at least Moore is passionate. He is no doubt in all of this for the money, and he has done quite a spectacular job manipulating facts to his advantage.

I wouldn’t vote for Kerry for any reason. He’s a politician through and through. That’s what America was wooed by during the Clinton Administration. Presidents like that court your opinions, but do not do a very good job leading. Hillary was asked, “Why didn’t Bill do anything during his Presidency in regards to effectively suppressing terrorism?” (something along those lines, at the time she was asked, Bush was catching all kinds of heat for not acting prior to 9/11 on terrorism…when in fact, Clinton knew about the threat of terrorism for 8 years and did nothing) She said something like, “Oh well we wanted to do something about it, but there just wasn’t enough of public support (which they determined through polling) to go ahead with anything.” I shouldn’t be using quotes, but she said something like that.

It does make me wonder though, why didn’t Bush do anything before 9/11? It could be argued that he was busy with other times (although the movie will have you think those things weren’t all that tedious. but remember who Moore quoted as the source of this information, ..either the Washington Post or the New York Times…two fo the most liberal and left-wing rags this nation carries in it’s newstands) (his tax plan, which by the way, he campaigned on. and btw, during his 2000 election he campaign on about 5 things, 4 of which he has done his best to deliver, but he has been blocked every step of the way by the left), but it does make me wonder…I guess his advisors thought (just as Clinton’s thought), that it would be suicide to go and attack these countries unprovoked. I woulda done it though, ‘cause I feel it’s in the best intrest of our safety…that’s my opinion though 😛

Funny that he attacked for his education plan (that Ted Kennedy helped him create, a liberal), when in fact it has delivered 10 billion more than Clinton gave. Funny that Clinton never gave any money to fight AIDS in Africa, and yet, Bush gives them 1 billion, and its not enough (according to Clinton’s pal over there…see the face, forgetting the name). Funny that Bush wanted to give 1.4 billion toward the development of the Hydrogen fuel cell (and in turn, the hydrogen powered car, which he said, he wanted American convereted over to in ten years), but he has been blocked so far by the damn Legislature in Washington.

Eek, this isn’t the place for this. I’m sorry guys, I guess my father’s ramblings are speaking vicariously through me 😛 Don’t get too mad at me, *my dad says* that if you aren’t a liberal by the time you are 20, you have no heart. And if you aren’t a conservative by the time you’re 40, you have no brain 😛 I guess I’ll see where I place in the coming years 😉

I will say this though, I don’t like the idea of backing someone who intends to go kiss the asses of the French and Germans, to, “Restore the respect” we have lost during Bush’s term. Guys, F^ck the French. I can’t help laughing incredibly hard (not really, I get really angry, but its better to pretend I can laugh about it 😛) whenever I see the signs, “No Blood for Oil!” Anyone remember this one, “Oil for Food Program”? That’s the one where the UN allowed Iraq to sell some oil in exchange for food. Well, if you aren’t in the “know”, then you don’t know that in this program, the UN kept part of this money (to the tune of 15-20 billion dollars). What does that make you think? Corrupt politicians? I should hope you at least think that, but what else?

Saddam totured his own people, this is a fact. So, why were the French and Friends are stopping us from conquering Iraq? Does it not conjure up this saying, “Oil for Blood”? In affect, they were allowing Saddam to keep his free murderous rage over his poeople in exchange for a piece of the oil money action.

And it should be noted that the French were among the first up in arms (hand-held posters) to stop us from going into Iraq…guess they didn’t want us to stop them from collecting blood money. EVEN IF IT WAS FOR OIL, at least those people over there are now free to live in w/e peace they decide to make.

And if you believe that those people should have remained under the imposing fists of the Husseins, then I don’t think you are fit to be President. And Kerry, (even though tomorrow he might change his stance on the subject) is appearently all about going across there and knealing down in front of all those b@stards and kissing their pretty pink toes.

I WILL GIVE MOORE THIS, his conspiracy theories are quite intriguing. But, you have to go and research all this for yourself…nobody can really tell you the truth…at least that is what I have found. Our media is so twisted it seems, I feel like I cannot trust the information that at one time was considered (And no, no the falsehood of the WMDs, I still believe he had them, just that they were either moved or destroyed. If he didn’t have them, he should have let the inspectors in…remember all the UN warnings and what-not…and yet, even after the warnings, the UN wasn’t going to act…) rock solid. So, go look for yourself, the truth is something you can only find by yourself 😉

oh, and it was an entertaining movie 😛 but, i didn’t pay to see it, moore can go and get more from his mom before he gets any of my money 😛

Posted: 02 August 2004 04:01 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“minijigga”]...oh, and it was an entertaining movie 😛 but, i didn’t pay to see it, moore can go and get more from his mom before he gets any of my money 😛

[/rant]

Posted: 23 August 2004 12:15 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3333
Joined  2004-08-16

voting… everyone needs to vote.. after seeing this movie.

Posted: 15 September 2004 04:32 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2005-09-11

....yes, that’s it, fulfill the purpose of the movie…go on, vote to remove bush…

/ends sight into Michael Moore’s mind

Posted: 15 September 2004 04:40 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22

[quote author=“minijigga”]....yes, that’s it, fulfill the purpose of the movie…go on, vote to remove bush…

/ends sight into Michael Moore’s mind

vote to remove bush yes

but lately do you think michael moore even thinks kerry is a better alternative?

in the words of my girlfriend:

“you are better off with the devil you know (bush) than the devil you don’t know (kerry)”

but i added to it:

“vote nader”

Posted: 21 September 2004 01:59 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  180
Joined  2004-08-22

Bush = Uneducated (Got c’s in harvard), Coward (Got out of serving during Vietnam), Post-Cokehead (admitted to doing drugs during college), and plus he got us into a NEVER-ENDING WAR! There is no way we can pull out of this mess without getting dirty. We just got ourselves involved in a war that has NEVER ended - The Middle East.

Posted: 30 September 2004 12:33 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“Attica”]Bush = Uneducated (Got c’s in harvard), Coward (Got out of serving during Vietnam), Post-Cokehead (admitted to doing drugs during college), and plus he got us into a NEVER-ENDING WAR! There is no way we can pull out of this mess without getting dirty. We just got ourselves involved in a war that has NEVER ended - The Middle East.

Didnt Bush go to YALE?

I think you are thinking of Clinton who dodged the Vietnam draft, too.

The thing about F 9/11 is that its very manipulative, its pretty much propaganda.  I think that if you like Michael Moore, you are pretty ignorant, (just an opinion). Go to moorelies.com, (its a little too biased toward the other side though)

To conclude this: I am not of either party.  But the fact that people hate Bush makes their arguments unintelligent, and a lot of times lies.  Which makes me think that they have something to hide.

Posted: 30 September 2004 12:43 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  715
Joined  2005-01-03

I don’t care about the movie, but Bush has got to go. There is really only one other choice, Kerry.  Nader would be the best, but it’s impossible for him to win.  :(

Posted: 04 October 2004 12:45 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  511
Joined  2005-03-17

I cant belive I just wasted all that time reading that, minijigga why the f*ck did u just write an essay on a forum, MAYBE you should consider the thought that your dad has BRAINWASHED you.

Posted: 04 October 2004 03:59 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2005-02-24

a vote for nader is a vote for bush, especially if u live in a battleground state like florida.  but i cant vote for 2 reasons 1)too young 2)not a US citizen, even so if u dont like bush vote for kerry and vote nader or someone like him when it’s not so vital.  at least kerry is a step in the right direction towards nader people.

Posted: 18 October 2004 09:02 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2004-12-22

seen it a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty good…i wanna check out Farenhype 911 now…

Posted: 05 November 2004 04:50 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2004-11-03

[quote author=“HectorGearLive”]It got you a little lost in some places, but other times it was just sad to see what the Bush administration has done.  I’ll be voting for the first time this year.

Oh my god those pictures are soooo funny. I couldn’t stop laughing at them.

Posted: 06 November 2004 12:15 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2004-11-03

bush seems like the coolest guy to chill with….i’d have a ball hangin out with him…he’s a funny guy….not the most intelligent though

i would prefer an articulate, educated president that can see make supportive decisions…

the war in iraq——>>BIG MISTAKE….based on lies and deceit.  there is no solid reason for us to have gone to war there. Its not related to the war on terror in any way….but it could be in the future now that we are bombing the hell out of iraq. Think about it…if I was an Iraqi…living my normal life…just chillin, eatin some chicken kebabs on the street with my wife or whatever…and a bomb dropped outta nowhere and blew my wife up….it wouldn’t take much to make me hate the united states and/or become a terrorist. We are just creating more reasons for the middle east and the rest of the world to hate us.

I guess we’re cursed for another 4 years.  I’m gonna start looking for employment abroad. I don’t feel safe in America anymore.